Baby number 3 has hatched and is light and dark grey.
Oh my gosh - so eggciting! I am thrilled your eggs are hatching. I have high hopes to get at least one pullet from Sophia and Marty, and maybe another pullet from Blanche. I am going to be awash with eggs! They might be the ones paying for the horses feed this summer if I don't get on another project soon haha!

Look forward to pictures. Hope you start feeling better soon and a few more chicks hatch.
Hey have you given aspirin to chooks? Blanche must have pulled something or other yesterday, I had them locked in Truly's big stall to keep them out of the way when I brought my nutter horses home. But Blanche, Buttercup and Misty were out, seems that Blanche can actually fly quite well! She flew up onto that stall door and it's over 4' tall!

I noted she has a cut on her one toe on the left, but she is holding her right leg up against her chest and she was laying on her left side in Lulu's stall off that right leg. Also I noted her holding that right leg up against her chest this morning when I went to let them out of the Hen House - I lifted her down from her lofty roost.

So I heard you can give a baby or low dose aspirin - is that true? a whole low dose aspirin?

Hey have you given aspirin to chooks? Blanche must have pulled something or other yesterday, I had them locked in Truly's big stall to keep them out of the way when I brought my nutter horses home. But Blanche, Buttercup and Misty were out, seems that Blanche can actually fly quite well! She flew up onto that stall door and it's over 4' tall!

I noted she has a cut on her one toe on the left, but she is holding her right leg up against her chest and she was laying on her left side in Lulu's stall off that right leg. Also I noted her holding that right leg up against her chest this morning when I went to let them out of the Hen House - I lifted her down from her lofty roost.

So I heard you can give a baby or low dose aspirin - is that true? a whole low dose aspirin?
When Butter was hurt we took a baby aspirin and I think cut it in half and dissolved it and gave it to her. I think we read she could have a full aspirin but were cautious with her.

Oh my gosh - so eggciting! I am thrilled your eggs are hatching. I have high hopes to get at least one pullet from Sophia and Marty, and maybe another pullet from Blanche. I am going to be awash with eggs! They might be the ones paying for the horses feed this summer if I don't get on another project soon haha!
Looking forward to see what Marty and Mr P produce. I know your friends are hatching the eggs. If they produce a pullet will you have the opportunity to bring it home?

Back
Top Bottom