Sorry for the lack of photos lately, my husband has off for 2 weeks for my sons 4th birthday and to get a buncha projects done so we have been very busy. I am here reading and keeping notes for the weekly synopsis just haven’t gotten new picture time with my girls.

Landmark egg day though all 9 laid an egg today first time that has ever happened. 😳 thats a-lot of eggs! Also its official lil Ms attitude Peanut is not an Ameraucana she must be a F1 olive egger as I only have two bright light teal eggs and they are nearly identical from my Azure Eggers snicker and doodle. Aren’t genetics odd she hands down looks 100% like an Ameraucana to me but nope the egg color doesn’t lie.

Peanut - Fuzzy cheek girl full of attitude
646E684C-1955-4C94-8E06-FB54FBB772C2.jpeg

I will float test them tomorrow morning
Remember when I left the fridge door open a bit by accident in my wellsite this past winter? And everything was really warm because the fridges motor was Over worked? and I was worried about the eggs going bad?

Well they were fine, I cracked one open and it looked ok and no odour, I scrambled it up and it was great!

Just crack one open and sniff and if it smells ok try whipping up an omelette - should be ok…

I know some are at least 10 days old
That’s ok then - my eggs where about 3 months old and they were fine, of course I put them back on the fridge once the fridge had cooled down. Candle them before eating of your worried about any chicks… but I doubt any chicks have developed if no one is sitting on them consistently for at least 24 hrs straight.

Sorry for the lack of photos lately, my husband has off for 2 weeks for my sons 4th birthday and to get a buncha projects done so we have been very busy. I am here reading and keeping notes for the weekly synopsis just haven’t gotten new picture time with my girls.

Landmark egg day though all 9 laid an egg today first time that has ever happened. 😳 thats a-lot of eggs! Also its official lil Ms attitude Peanut is not an Ameraucana she must be a F1 olive egger as I only have two bright light teal eggs and they are nearly identical from my Azure Eggers snicker and doodle. Aren’t genetics odd she hands down looks 100% like an Ameraucana to me but nope the egg color doesn’t lie.

Peanut - Fuzzy cheek girl full of attitude
View attachment 3438392
Sounds like you’re awash in eggs 🥺😁

They build up fast! I have a dozen and half tucked away for the bator this weekend (a dozen silkie, and 6 from my old gals Sophia and Blanche) and someone coming for 2 dozen on Wednesday, and still more eggs coming !!

That’s ok then - my eggs where about 3 months old and they were fine, of course I put them back on the fridge once the fridge had cooled down. Candle them before eating of your worried about any chicks… but I doubt any chicks have developed if no one is sitting on them consistently for at least 24 hrs straight.
Or you can encourage Xzit to get broody and set some under her 🥰

Back
Top Bottom