Misshapen egg today. Brown color, but looks like a shriveled up potato. Could it be a problem with one of my girls?
1 egg, I would not worry. I've read some misshapen eggs can occur when the hen experiences slight trauma while the egg is forming. The body adds more shell to it to fix the break that may have occurred. One of your girls could have come to Jaffar's defense yesterday in the big rooster fight and got bumped in the belly in the process.

Misshapen egg today. Brown color, but looks like a shriveled up potato. Could it be a problem with one of my girls?
Here’s a picture of the egg F5A319F4-98A4-4A01-8ADD-CB9765ECA33D.jpeg D6EF1B6F-5880-47AC-9308-9CC41711CB7B.jpeg

1 egg, I would not worry. I've read some misshapen eggs can occur when the hen experiences slight trauma while the egg is forming. The body adds more shell to it to fix the break that may have occurred. One of your girls could have come to Jaffar's defense yesterday in the big rooster fight and got bumped in the belly in the process.
:idunno I wasn’t home to witness it

He’s running slow today. I brought him back inside to rest.
I'm relieved Jaffar made it through the night and wanted out with his ladies. He may be slow for a few days regaining his energy but it is a very good sign. He has the best daddy to help him recover. I will say I feel bad for the other rooster as well. While it is easy to deem him as evil, he is just doing what roosters do. I blame his owner for not properly containing him. If I had close neighbors who had chickens and roosters I would have to rethink how I let my boys free range. Do I think they would start a fight...maybe not, but they definitely would not back down from one.

I'm relieved Jaffar made it through the night and wanted out with his ladies. He may be slow for a few days regaining his energy but it is a very good sign. He has the best daddy to help him recover. I will say I feel bad for the other rooster as well. While it is easy to deem him as evil, he is just doing what roosters do. I blame his owner for not properly containing him. If I had close neighbors who had chickens and roosters I would have to rethink how I let my boys free range. Do I think they would start a fight...maybe not, but they definitely would not back down from one.
You are correct

Back
Top Bottom