I did manage to put more herbicide in the pond. The first dose had a good effect and this should finish em off. Still praying for rain, pond is still 4 feet low.
Re rain: I would love to send you some…

An Easter egg hunt for broodies - hahahaha too funny! You need some Easter Eggers btw!

I see there is a whole slew of them in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Will have to owe tax this laptop doesn't have many chickie pics on it.
Tax owed

Curly
FFE56170-FF28-4BB3-9C3A-C91C312D5E4A.jpeg

And Misty (or maybe Whiskers)
0E2B54BD-CF7B-4F3E-93A7-3ADC5E29211D.jpeg

I have lots of Easter Eggers, they are some broody heifers except for our oldest, she's never been broody. Still waiting to see a broody silkie...
Hahaha, ya mine are broody also, not at the moment, but I have high hopes for in a couple weeks when my chicks arrive! I do not want to raise chicks myself!

Hmmmm...I think Rose gave it a 9.7 out of 10. Well seasoned, undertones of piney notes, slightly acidic, rich intense flavor! :lau :lau
:gig :drool
Had some fun with the girls today. Got some pics and video. Will try to do video later, here are a few pics.

Running up front to hide when tractor went behind coop
View attachment 3443685

Hung a swing for them
View attachment 3443686

Hazel on my lap
View attachment 3443687

Going to take awhile to get all the shavings out of my boot. 🙈😂
View attachment 3443695
A little bit of chicken poop and shavings doesn’t hurt anyone 🥰

I am sooooo happy you are able to get ‘ooot n aboot’ (‘out and about’ Canadian style).

He fell off my bed
Good heavens! Ok well keep him on the ground till he gets his strength back. 🥺

All 3 of the broodies are EE mixes and 2 mom's with chicks are EE too
If I can get a couple of my EE o go broody that would solve my baby issue of having a hen to raise (possibly) 16 chicks! I think three silkies could do it or 2 EE…. But the more the merrier I say!

This is what Jaffar looks like after I cleaned him up. Poor little guy is hurting so bad. But even in his pain, he still covered me with his wing. He’s such a good rooster. Cocorico!!!View attachment 3443748
Poor guy. I know someone mentioned electrolytes and a calm relaxed place to recover from the shock. Cholo put a beating on my favorite rooster but in a few days he was fine. Prayers for your buddy Jaffar 🙏

Back
Top Bottom