Lovely!
One thing that is very striking with my current Princesses is how different they are from Maggie regarding the sun.
Today was a lovely sunny day and I sat in the chicken field and nodded off.
When Maggie was alive she would have been sprawled out in the sun next to me. I woke up and there were no chickens. Of course I was in a panic - but they were all napping in deep shade. Strange.
2 are from up north. Maybe it is too warm at your house for them. 🤷‍♂️

Two eggs today we’re covered in egg. I don’t know if somebody laid a soft egg or thin shelled egg, or somebody just broke an egg.
I have had a lot of broken eggs lately but that's because there are so many and hens are sleeping in the nest box with them.

Sleeping finally

Everyone is spread out evenly other than the golden girls who are snuggled together, might need to rethink another layer of roosts when I get the chicks, even if I only keep 5 I will need more space. Maybe higher up roost for the active flyers like buttercup and Mr P, they can fly up high, but the silkies won’t be able to.

Not sure if Brahma can fly up high or not… ?
Depends upon the individual and the motivation.

Wow that’s a lot of snakes!

Do your gals kill them ? Fluffy stomped a baby snake into oblivion and ate it!!!
They do not kill them. Rather they befriend them, and let the snake sleep in their roosting spot.

Guineas are known for killing snakes. All mine do is corner it and stick their heads out. They also make a funny noise while cornering it.

Give them a chance to get used to it. A few might still not be happy because they like being up high...but again, they will get used to it!
I jut want everyone to be safe and happy 🥺

But they seemed to settle for the night and this morning most were still up on the roost-shelf. I think that Mr P and Penelope appreciated the ledge to roost on.

That’s perfect ! Keep it there and you will be fine.

I too am sick of lifting heavy bags of feed and bales of hay and shavings. But then I remind myself that for my age I am a sexy hottie hahaha!
( as I am sitting here with my back in screaming agony, my legs crawling with neuropathy, and my RLS making my legs spasm excruciatingly).
Whining tax owed
An early mug for today
675423F5-6039-41EA-B3EB-581065B796A3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom