think that I can likely trick Henny Penny and Misty into being broody, maybe even Marty. I wonder if they heard the cheeping of chicks it would encourage them to go broody - if I put my phone under them playing chicks cheeping… thoughts…?
Worth trying. I would think they should be broody for at least a couple of weeks before the chicks arrive. Jessica turned up broody again when I moved Hector and his girls into the coop at 2-3 weeks old.

I just checked them out. They source from hatcheries, which is what I’m trying to get away from.
Sorry, I see that now! And at first I thought they got eggs and hatched them but I see they get vaccinated chicks so they don't hatch them. Rats!

Can you have chicks shipped to you? There's this place in Bellingham Washington, they raise their own and pasture the males for "heritage chicken" i.e., slaughter them themselves. They are trying to be a self-sustaining operation. BUT it's all straight-run, unless you get auto-sexed types.

https://www.springcreekheritagefarms.com/about.html

Video Taken Down

YouTube has decided to take down the video of the fight between Hattie and Aurora from a few years back because "Content showing the malicious infliction of physical or psychological harm to animals isn’t allowed on YouTube."

I appealed on the ground that it was educational, not malicious in any way, and was denied.

Therefore, as of this moment, I am shutting down my YouTube channel. If I cannot find another means by which to share videos I will no longer be doing so.

Of course I am emotional at this point and may change my mind once I calm down but I can't see letting them make money off my content when they have accused me of maliciously inflicting physical or psychological harm to my girls.

The speed by which my appeal was denied was frightening. It was very clear they did not care to hear my thoughts. They had already made their minds up.

I do not take this accusation lightly. I will be consulting attorneys today but I expect that they will tell me I would be tilting at windmills to try and fight them on this.

I encourage you every time you view a video on YouTube to remember what they accused me of doing. I will never forget it.
I wonder if there is another way to post and view videos here, I did see on another thread someone posted a video somehow without YT.

I post my videos as unlisted - do you do this? Maybe try that.

:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs
I am sorry they are so ignorant. Please know that we all know better!❤️❤️❤️

I suspect, given how long it has been up, that someone 'reported it'. I am very sorry you have to deal with this; again, all of us that know you know that that accusation couldn't be further from the truth!
:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs
Yes I agree, some citiot who doesn’t know any better.

:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs
I am sorry they are so ignorant. Please know that we all know better!❤️❤️❤️

I suspect, given how long it has been up, that someone 'reported it'. I am very sorry you have to deal with this; again, all of us that know you know that that accusation couldn't be further from the truth!
:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs
I cannot relay how upset I am. I am searching for an alternate means of sharing videos. This is going to devastate the history of this thread but I will not let them make a dime off of me now.

Once I have an alternate platform, should one exist, (I am hoping that Microsoft One Drive or Google Drive will work) I will reach out to the moderators to see if there is any way I can get access to edit the old posts with new video links.

If so then I will painstakingly replace each link. If not then I will have to do some kind of a reference link.

This is going to be a lot of work and likely means I will not be keeping up with the thread for weeks.

YouTube does need to get busy on those videos of soldiers dying in Ukraine that pop up all the time. If they push me one more video of a Russian tank exploding.......

I cannot relay how upset I am. I am searching for an alternate means of sharing videos. This is going to devastate the history of this thread but I will not let them make a dime off of me now.

Once I have an alternate platform, should one exist, (I am hoping that Microsoft One Drive or Google Drive will work) I will reach out to the moderators to see if there is any way I can get access to edit the old posts with new video links.

If so then I will painstakingly replace each link. If not then I will have to do some kind of a reference link.

This is going to be a lot of work and likely means I will not be keeping up with the thread for weeks.

YouTube does need to get busy on those videos of soldiers dying in Ukraine that pop up all the time. If they push me one more video of a Russian tank exploding.......
You have every right to be angry at this!

Video Taken Down

YouTube has decided to take down the video of the fight between Hattie and Aurora from a few years back because "Content showing the malicious infliction of physical or psychological harm to animals isn’t allowed on YouTube."

I appealed on the ground that it was educational, not malicious in any way, and was denied.

Therefore, as of this moment, I am shutting down my YouTube channel. If I cannot find another means by which to share videos I will no longer be doing so.

Of course I am emotional at this point and may change my mind once I calm down but I can't see letting them make money off my content when they have accused me of maliciously inflicting physical or psychological harm to my girls.

The speed by which my appeal was denied was frightening. It was very clear they did not care to hear my thoughts. They had already made their minds up.

I do not take this accusation lightly. I will be consulting attorneys today but I expect that they will tell me I would be tilting at windmills to try and fight them on this.

I encourage you every time you view a video on YouTube to remember what they accused me of doing. I will never forget it.
That video is not you being malicious at all. This was a natural contest that you happened to be able to film. I am steamed and can’t say here what I think. I will say that the show that used to be Wild Kingdom wouldn’t stand a chance if subjected to the same idiocy.

It must be somebody on BYC feeling “triggered”, or it is a personal attack, as I don’t think this kind of YouTube channel gets attention except where it’s linked from. I wonder if we can organize folks on BYC to come to your defense on this?

I'm really sorry for this and the stupidity behind it.
I use Dailymotion every now and then to post on BYC. It's almost as convenient as YT but it doesn't display horizontal videos very well.
It's actually also possible to upload directly a video on BYC but I think they don't want at all people to do this as the servers probably can not handle it. You have to go to your medias. I did it once and it was very long to upload, not sure if it was because of my connection or because of BYC.

Back
Top Bottom