The Video in Question

For those who haven't seen it this is the video that YouTube took down. I am trying to get YouTube to allow me to download it as I can't find it anywhere. They are not responding to me. Since I can't download it I recorded it onto my phone. The quality is awful but you will get the idea.

In the video Aurora is trying to advance past Hattie into place number 2 in the pecking order behind Lilly. Hattie is having none of it. There were 3 fights that day. I broke up 2 of them and then decided that I needed to let them finish.
You can see Lilly finishing it off herself. Lilly tried to break it up a couple of times but once Aurora injured her leg Lilly made certain Aurora knew her place.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x66ycz4cr8zhlo/20230330_145356_1.mp4?dl=0

Please let me know if you have any issues getting the link to work.
FYI - played fine on my old laptop.

From what I can see online the orientation of the file is between Apple and MS not playing nicey-nice with each other. Sheesh! when I worked at IBM it was the same old thing 'it's their problem not ours' fingers pointing between MS and IBM and Apple - sheesh guys - just fix the problem! Nope still after all these years same old monkey business!

The Video in Question

For those who haven't seen it this is the video that YouTube took down. I am trying to get YouTube to allow me to download it as I can't find it anywhere. They are not responding to me. Since I can't download it I recorded it onto my phone. The quality is awful but you will get the idea.

In the video Aurora is trying to advance past Hattie into place number 2 in the pecking order behind Lilly. Hattie is having none of it. There were 3 fights that day. I broke up 2 of them and then decided that I needed to let them finish.
You can see Lilly finishing it off herself. Lilly tried to break it up a couple of times but once Aurora injured her leg Lilly made certain Aurora knew her place.

It worked just fine. I clicked the link, clicked go to website then I was immediately able to view the video.

Also, my two cents on utube. It is very likely an automated decision and it is highly doubtful that an actual human looked at it or your appeal. Your reputation is fully 100% intact with all humans who know you and care about you and your chickens. I know this is distressing and incredibly frustrating but please know that in no human’s eyes are you or your reputation in the least bit sullied by an algorithms random decision to pull your perfectly normal video. We love your videos and your content, I wouldn’t be half the chicken tender I am without your content and thread being available for reference. What your doing is incredibly valuable. ❤️

Last edited:
Fluffy Butt Friday!

This one is a personal record for me 5 fluffy butts in one picture!
D4CFFD45-D072-482E-8A41-D22D753EF354.jpeg

C123D73B-0B00-4783-804C-9EF30F119730.jpeg

1931CBE5-C80E-4C56-9FA6-118D8ED128FA.jpeg

First group is out of the incubator and into the brooder. I think I moved 8. I have 2 freshly hatched ones still in the incubator and the weak one that I fear I am going to loose. Several more eggs are pipped as well. As if the blue chick is not bad enough, one of the wet ones, white Butter baby. Here are a few pics I managed to get after I moved them.
View attachment 3449768View attachment 3449769View attachment 3449772View attachment 3449775View attachment 3449785View attachment 3449788View attachment 3449790View attachment 3449791View attachment 3449793
Oh My Goodness!!! They are so stinking adorable 🥰 so many fuzzy footed babies!!!!

You are reacting the same way I am.
I never watch YouTube videos except from BYC but I looked at a few and reported them. I want to deluge them with reports!
On what planet is watching horses fighting on a mountain trail funny?? sheesh!

And don't get me started on the wee baby toddling around in front of a huge horse - one nudge from that horse or if it startled and jumped on that baby - OMG the images wouldn't leave my mind :( People just don't think.

That blue one, everything in me is telling me to keep it. If I knew for sure right now it was a pullet it would never leave. She, because well, wishful thinking, is half marans and half cochin. Looking at it I'm looking at a blue version of baby Perdita. It also does not help that grandma just named her Blue Bonnet. As a chick Perdita was a standout due to the extremely fuzzy legs that indicated her cochin lineage in a clutch of feathered leg chicks. Around 5 weeks old I really started looking at her as she was just blossoming into a lovely young lady. 7 weeks old I knew then if I kept her much longer she would never leave. She still does not like me touching her, but I do every chance I get. She is so fluffy and her feathers have the satin feel of the marans feathers.
Well it's only a couple months - then you will know if it's a filly or a colt :) And of course once it's named can't take it back! Shove it under your broody hen now before it's too late - do it! :)

Jurassic Chicken.
Screenshot_20230331_091441_Google.jpg

First group is out of the incubator and into the brooder. I think I moved 8. I have 2 freshly hatched ones still in the incubator and the weak one that I fear I am going to loose. Several more eggs are pipped as well. As if the blue chick is not bad enough, one of the wet ones, white Butter baby. Here are a few pics I managed to get after I moved them.
View attachment 3449768View attachment 3449769View attachment 3449772View attachment 3449775View attachment 3449785View attachment 3449788View attachment 3449790View attachment 3449791View attachment 3449793
Yay! How adorable! I hope you have good luck with the other sweet chickies!
The Video in Question

First, no issues at all.

Second, pardon my initials but WTF! Seriously, THAT is the video? A couple of hens have a little tussle and they act like it's a cock fight! It HAS to have been a bot running the show. No reasonable human could think that was anything that caused physical or mental trauma to an animal. Ridiculous.
Tomorrow is when we pick up the Deathlayer chicks!! We might even snatch some satins as well. So excited!
Ok...I have to look up this breed. I want one now solely for the name.
It worked just fine. I clicked the link, clicked go to website then I was immediately able to view the video.

Also, my two cents on utube. It is very likely an automated decision and it is highly doubtful that an actual human looked at it or your appeal. Your reputation is fully 100% intact with all humans who know you and care about you and your chickens. I know this is distressing and incredibly frustrating but please know that in no human’s eyes are you or your reputation in the least bit sullied by an algorithms random decision to pull your perfectly normal video. We love your videos and your content, I wouldn’t be half the chicken tender I am without your content and thread being available for reference. What your doing is incredibly valuable. ❤️
:goodpost:

Not many fluffy butts to show...but I'll toss in Manny's manly tookus for good measure.
20230327_180317.jpg
20230329_175710.jpg

Back
Top Bottom