Ps. It was safe to come out of the bathroom, she had perched in the chickens room. :old

That’s horrible. You know that my tribe trimmed down by having respiratory problems . So I hope that you don’t experience that heartache in your tribe. :hugs
Thanks Alex. :hugs

Last edited:
Wet weeds 14 to 18 inches deep + COPD lung disease = not an easy job to do!
Where are all the neighbourhood kids that used to go around looking to mow the lawns for spending money??

I don't even get kids wanting to come over and help with the horses and chooks! What is it with kids these days??

Where are all the neighbourhood kids that used to go around looking to mow the lawns for spending money??

I don't even get kids wanting to come over and help with the horses and chooks! What is it with kids these days??
I blame the parents like myself who have been too generous

OK have the egg in hand.... it's a gorgeous blue egg, nice hard shell well shaped. Just begging for an incubator. What to do what to do what to do........

If someone went broody right this instant I would pop those eggs under them so fast….

View attachment 3451673
Just heard from my friend that the eggs already in the incubator look good for hatching, her daughter candled them last night.

I asked her if her daughter was starting any other eggs incubating anytime soon. I am sooooo tempted to go get my niece's incubator... set it up out here in the barn where prying eyes can't see, and then say "oh look! Someone hide these away and hatched them!"

Well I will wait and see what happens with this project in BC.... don't want to hatch eggs and have no place to put chicks; I have a few days to let it sit and see.

No no!
Antibiotics as prophylactic are not a good idea.
That encourages resistance so when they are sick the antibiotics will not work as well (or at all).
Also, it doesn’t work. Giving antibiotics kills bacteria. They kill the good ones and the bad ones (which is why they often cause tummy upsets). But they don’t hang around waiting to kill a bad one should it show up at a later date.
Seriously, not a good idea!
I'm glad I waited to respond. I am treating with antibiotics because I can't afford not to. It's not for prophylaxis which is treating to stop something from happening. This is treatment because it could be bacterial and I need treat so they don't get sicker. I can't afford to not treat and see what happens.

It is a subtle difference. The poultry industry used to give healthy chickens antibiotics prophylactically. That was so they would not get sick due to the horrid living conditions. This has led to antimicrobial resistance.

My chickens are sick and I am treating the sickness.

Soooooooo cute ❤️ Thanks for sharing 💕

Penelope was in the nest box this morning and if she laid an egg I was going to go get my nieces incubator and throw her egg and a couple Marty eggs in ❤️

Penelope is 7 yrs old now.
How wonderful that Penelope that has reached this amazing age. Well done both of you. :clap :clap :clap

Now you sound like an old lady.

Old lady tax. My old lady. Hattie was thrilled to find one of her favorites, fresh dandelions. There was actually a happy sound she made when she found them.

20230401_100956.jpg

Back
Top Bottom