Summer here is from July first to mid August, just 6 weeks....

Winter here is from Oct to Apr 😆

Weather Whining Tax
Babies 💖💖💖
View attachment 3471671
I like to state: we have 9 months of winter and 5 months of road construction.
FB_IMG_1675389689530.jpg
And this is 100% accurate

Tax: contrasting with the last post, and taken within a week of each other
20230409_165455.jpg

My father in law was here to visit. He has been giving everything away because of all the cancer in his body. He has about a year to live if that. In June they are moving his shed over here and some tools, and the shed we have now will be all mine. It will be mostly coop. Gonna add the silkies in there.
Bittersweet news, just don’t let the chooks use any power tools 🧰!

Its spring here, nice and warm and the chooks love it.
Not really here... In Canada you never have for sure a real summer. There's always a chance of snow. One time in the middle of August it started hailing and I had to run around crazily in order to save my plants. (at the time they were still in pots and I had to bring them all under the porch).

These young ladies are seriously bonkers!

Meanwhile Curly and Fluffy are full on serious broody! I asked them why they couldn't have done this a couple weeks ago🤨

Anywhoooo they can share chicks when Penelope's eggs hatch....

Anyone have any experience with co-broodies raising chicks together??
My 2 DC girls have done this. Once one goes broody, the other one decides to set within 24 hours, and they use adjacent nest boxes....Then I move them to my broody tractyor (has 2 nest boxes, roost, etc.) and they raise them together. They cooperate really well, it is a joy to see when they are brooding their chicks!

I suspect that if they are setting together without shenanigans, then they will be okay brooding together.

Back
Top Bottom