I can see the video just fine.
She looks like she is coping just fine. The only leg issue I am really the go-to person for is curly toe paralysis (which can be a vitamin B2 deficiency). She definitely does not have that.
She seems quite feisty and seems to have at least her fair share of egg which is a good sign for sure.
Thanks! Her demeanor has improved by leaps and bounds! Only a few days ago she wouldn't eat and peeped in distress almost all the time, holding up her left leg and biting and pulling on it so hard that she would fall over.

I read your thread about Bernie and have been dosing with B vitamins just in case.

It's Getting Hot in There

The heat has exploded here today. It is currently 95°F (35°C) in the main coop right now. I have installed the fan in the main coop window and swapped out the Cluckle Hut door for the wire only version so there is air flow for Phyllis at night.

Everyone is laying in an individual dirt hole under the magnolia tree. No one is ready for this. It just exploded on us today.

I'm just going to watch Pirates of the Caribbean movies over and over like I have been doing for the past four weeks.
I don't have any books because I have read all the books at my house. I may look for an online book though.
Thanks for the suggestions! 😊
You are welcome.
Desktop or mobile for uploading the YouTube video?

Yes, I got some chicks, but didn't make an announcement because one of them was struggling and I was feeling rather low about it.

I did mention it to @Ponypoor as I tried to get Penny to accept the chicks. She had only been broody nine days and I tried twice, but she was growling, flaring her feathers and pecking. I was not brave enough to leave the chicks with her!

The little chick who struggled had pasty bum that had to be cleaned every day for a week. She wasn't eating and had something wrong with her leg and wasn't gaining weight. She peeped in distress most of the time and I didn't know if she was in pain or what was wrong. It was so frustrating not being sure of what to do to help her. She is doing much better now and I am hoping that she will pull through.

I will post photos tomorrow.
For next time, Phyllis rejected chicks the first time I tried it but accepted them the second time. To get her to accept them, I had to remove the ceramic eggs she was sitting on and place the chicks under her before sunrise. That way they woke up under her peeping.

I sat by the coop from the time I put them under her until she was up and caring for them. It was nerve racking.

New ac is installed and is getting to temp quickly.View attachment 3522285I gave the guy (company owner) 4 dozen eggs. At first he wasn't sure what to do with them but then he's like I'm going to cook breakfast for all my guys tomorrow ☺️
Oh such a handsome fella - is that Cholo?

Back
Top Bottom