More for Tuesday: image.jpg

There’s something else people add…selenium? She is stiff-legged, her ankle(s) hardly bends, but she’s got gumption and drive, that’s good and is a lot of progress! Are they’re on medicated chick starter? I can’t remember if @RoyalChick took Bernie off it, or just supplemented with tons more B until she could be safely off the medicated feed?

Thats what I see too. I wonder if a bit of physical therapy might help, gently moving her legs the way they are supposed to.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to gently move her legs as in physical therapy. I will have to research foods with selenium and check to see if it's added to the electrolyte powder I have been using.

I don't use medicated feed. I bring in pieces of sod from the yard, so that they slowly get exposed to small amounts of whatever is in our soil

I hope to get them outside this week. It was only 24F this morning. I can't imagine that will be great for our garden!

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to gently move her legs as in physical therapy. I will have to research foods with selenium and check to see if it's added to the electrolyte powder I have been using.

I don't use medicated feed. I bring in pieces of sod from the yard, so that they slowly get exposed to small amounts of whatever is in our soil

I hope to get them outside this week. It was only 24F this morning. I can't imagine that will be great for our garden!
Rooster Booster

Now that I think about this, I remember that when she was peeping unhappily, it seemed to me that she couldn't/wouldn't sit down, so I gently put my hand over her and helped her sit and she would settle and finally rest. I actually took a photo at that time.
IMG_20230526_103214039_HDR.jpg

I read that sardines are a good source of selenium. I will try that. I give them to my hens occasionally as a treat, so have some on hand.
There’s something else people add…selenium? She is stiff-legged, her ankle(s) hardly bends, but she’s got gumption and drive, that’s good and is a lot of progress! Are they’re on medicated chick starter? I can’t remember if @RoyalChick took Bernie off it, or just supplemented with tons more B until she could be safely off the medicated feed?

Thats what I see too. I wonder if a bit of physical therapy might help, gently moving her legs the way they are supposed to

:gig
Something like this?

He prefers not to use products from several companies to make his electronic devices work. He recommends some other products for this purpose, but it is hard to avoid those specific companies in all situations.
Also, his needs have changed over time and he is willing to help others.

Tax: BFTP - the Pentagonists on their first drive home.
View attachment 3522843
Such a sweet photograph. I love seeing them all in that beautiful airy basket.

Back
Top Bottom