But of course, you made a higher roosting ledge. She will be there again! :pop
Scared the heck out of me - I was ready to just close up the barn and tell my cousin Sophia had died.

Imagine my shock in the morning when I let them out though! ha! I will put some mesh up in front of the space so she can't fly up there. I don't want her pooping all over it, or getting a toe caught on something. Darn bird!

Beyond not funny and my heart sank there for a second. SHE was the chick I was the most excited about when you set the eggs. I have rooted and pulled for a chick from the power couple since they became a item. You know I've called dibs on Marty if she ever had to be placed. I now also officially call dibs on Martina as well.
Mwahahahah

I couldn't resist. I too am really eggcited to see how she finally turns out with her colouring.

I am also really looking forward to seeing what my friend hatched last week from the Silkie eggs I sent to her - I sent down a dozen from Marty and Henny Penny (the other two of course were broody). I also sent her 6 coloured eggs for her to hatch if she liked.

So I am told that 9 hatched but I haven't had any details on which eggs hatched.

But I will head down to see her in the next week to check the chicks over, they will be coming 2 weeks old then, and I will be able to get a good look at them :)

You don’t want much, do you? :eek:
Ya not sure how I would ever smuggle them across the border - oh wait we already figured that out didn't we?

Well I have been giving it more thought and I figure if one were to cross at say 1am when the chickies were sleeping you likely wouldn't even hear a peep out of them! That way one wouldn't have to truss them up and tape their beaks shut.... :eek:

Notice I said if they ever had to be placed. I will find a way to smuggle them across the boarder into the states.
Well the last time I went to the US with the horses they didn't even look in the horse trailer - I just handed them the paperwork for the horses, got it stamped and drove on through hahaha.

So all I have to do is pretend I am going to a horse show, load up old Lulu, and come on down. Or maybe Reenie - she was born in KY so maybe she would like a vaca back there hahahaha! Maybe I leave here there when I come home..... along with some chooks!

Ya not sure how I would ever smuggle them across the border - oh wait we already figured that out didn't we?

Well I have been giving it more thought and I figure if one were to cross at say 1am when the chickies were sleeping you likely wouldn't even hear a peep out of them! That way one wouldn't have to truss them up and tape their beaks shut.... :eek:
You wouldn’t do that to a chick 🐣 right?

Well the last time I went to the US with the horses they didn't even look in the horse trailer - I just handed them the paperwork for the horses, got it stamped and drove on through hahaha.

So all I have to do is pretend I am going to a horse show, load up old Lulu, and come on down. Or maybe Reenie - she was born in KY so maybe she would like a vaca back there hahahaha! Maybe I leave here there when I come home..... along with some chooks!
That’s an idea 🤔

Thing's body build and natural stance (and to a degree the sussex, Nox and Mera) is so similar to rooster stances (and I don't have any familiarly with roos of the breeds) that I'm questioning my eye for it.
20230602_144652.jpg

Had some introductions today.

20230602_142842.jpg
Big, bold cheeky buff made Whiskey move.

20230602_142950.jpg
Storm is a bit nervous around them too.

20230602_142905.jpg
Cuckoo stopped in, looked, turned and left.

20230602_143029.jpg
They clearly have no fear of Silver (popped out while she was right there).

20230602_143131.jpg
Jessica isn't too fazed by them either.

20230602_143443.jpg
The little buff and dark cheeky chippy charged Twirp....who skedaddled out the bird door.
20230602_143735.jpg
Silver nonchalantly kept an eye on them.

Back
Top Bottom