Thing's body build and natural stance (and to a degree the sussex, Nox and Mera) is so similar to rooster stances (and I don't have any familiarly with roos of the breeds) that I'm questioning my eye for it.View attachment 3526883

Had some introductions today.

View attachment 3526890Big, bold cheeky buff made Whiskey move.

View attachment 3526889Storm is a bit nervous around them too.

View attachment 3526888Cuckoo stopped in, looked, turned and left.

View attachment 3526887They clearly have no fear of Silver (popped out while she was right there).

View attachment 3526886Jessica isn't too fazed by them either.

View attachment 3526885The little buff and dark cheeky chippy charged Twirp....who skedaddled out the bird door.
View attachment 3526884Silver nonchalantly kept an eye on them.
Is that Silver? The grey colored collar and white shirt?

I totally love her color. (I want one)
Colombian wyandottes, light brahmas, light sussex, and Delaware all are marked like that. The brahmas have feathered feet (and buff brahmas are marked like that but with gold shirts). Delaware aren't as clearly marked and, like the sussex, have straight combs.

Silver is a smart bird, and my lead hen. She has also been involved (but not broody) with raising every batch of chicks not broody raised around here. she's a big part of why I'm willing to raise this lot entirely in the coop without a broody protecting them.

She is also the primary reason I have wyandottes (of any color) on my wish list for the future.

Colombian wyandottes, light brahmas, light sussex, and Delaware all are marked like that. The brahmas have feathered feet (and buff brahmas are marked like that but with gold shirts). Delaware aren't as clearly marked and, like the sussex, have straight combs.

Silver is a smart bird, and my lead hen. She has also been involved (but not broody) with raising every batch of chicks not broody raised around here. she's a big part of why I'm willing to raise this lot entirely in the coop without a broody protecting them.

She is also the primary reason I have wyandottes (of any color) on my wish list for the future.
Thank you for the information. I must go to the Bahamas 🇧🇸 and get a Brahma (chicken) not the bovine

Thank you for the information. I must go to the Bahamas 🇧🇸 and get a Brahma (chicken) not the bovine
IMG_3181.png Bovine

Back
Top Bottom