It is time to introduce my grandma's favorite chick of the current group of littles. I had this one sold yesterday but she cried over it and me and my cousin both backed out. The day it hatched she named it Buster Brown or Mrs. Brown if it is hopefully a pullet. It is one of Holly's. I am leery of it, it is huge compared to it's siblings and has been since day 1. That really is not saying much though as it is the only one I am confident of that group that Twig did not father. It will be 5 weeks old Sunday so it is still a bit early if it is a late blooming boy. I have had those, not fun but right now I am cautiously thinking girl, maybe.
Opinions everyone?
View attachment 3527135View attachment 3527137
Whatever it is it’s a lovely colour ❤️ I can see why your gran liked it 💕

It is time to introduce my grandma's favorite chick of the current group of littles. I had this one sold yesterday but she cried over it and me and my cousin both backed out. The day it hatched she named it Buster Brown or Mrs. Brown if it is hopefully a pullet. It is one of Holly's. I am leery of it, it is huge compared to it's siblings and has been since day 1. That really is not saying much though as it is the only one I am confident of that group that Twig did not father. It will be 5 weeks old Sunday so it is still a bit early if it is a late blooming boy. I have had those, not fun but right now I am cautiously thinking girl, maybe.
Opinions everyone?
View attachment 3527135View attachment 3527137
I will cautiously say pullet.

That roo is actually the blue chick. Of course it is a boy, it is blue. 2 blue chicks hatched, both boys.
Gotta love the way the blue goes all chameleon depending upon light and background. I caught Storm and Indigo (i think) out by the far hedge on a cloudy day. Storm looked dull brown. 2 different types of lighting, similar distances
20230501_062416.jpg
20230506_070544.jpg

I have mentioned several times that Alinta and Brenna are obsessed with my neighbors yard. It used to just be a morning thing, particularly before we were up, they would head over there and then Rosie would tell on them by screaming until i fetched them back. Well Rosie has been broody for a month, and now they are going morning and evening!
Anyway, while attempting to herd them home last weekend I finally actually met the woman that lives there. I had been so nervous about their trips as this woman has never approached us in 4 years. Turns out she Loves them! Set a little cat tree up every time so her cat can watch them and has even sent videos to family members. 😅
All the way up by the house, the cat in the driveway is another neighbors.
20230528_185933~2.jpg

"This lawn is better than ours"
20230528_190038~2.jpg

Heading home
20230528_190255~2.jpg

I have mentioned several times that Alinta and Brenna are obsessed with my neighbors yard. It used to just be a morning thing, particularly before we were up, they would head over there and then Rosie would tell on them by screaming until i fetched them back. Well Rosie has been broody for a month, snd now they are going morning and evening!
Anyway, while attempting to herd them home last weekend I finally actually met the woman that lives there. I had been so nervous about their trips as this woman has never approached us in 4 years. Turns out she Loves them! Set a little cat tree up every time so her cat can watch them and has even sent videos to family members. 😅
View attachment 3527259View attachment 3527260View attachment 3527261
Imagine if all neighbors were like that.
Thankfully our next door neighbors seem to be fine with the chickens. The chickens are stuck in the backyard though. I wonder if one left a egg in her yard and that's why she likes them so much.

OMG - we have had racing motorcycles on the county road lately their mufflers and racing noise awoken me - I hope they hit a tree. Personally the residence on that road should do what we did on this road - pullout the hay wagons and combines to block them in as they start their race.

Vehicles impounded immediately- go to
Jail do not pass go.

Tax
My broodies and their brood were hanging out under the top of the large animal crate I keep the school chicks in, I dismantled it to move it from my office and chucked the top outside for a play area/shade.

This is Cappy one of the Silkie chicks, I should fine out gender Monday or Tuesday.

We should have a poll and guess gender 😊
ADCB4FAC-9513-4143-9959-9893D3AC05C8.jpeg
1DAB26ED-A3E0-411E-B03A-8D1400E8E7DE.jpeg

I am going with Roo for the greys and pullet for the white.

Hmmm both are gingers ❤️

Realistically, nobody looks like Jaffar. :old
This is true he is his own wee little man 💕
Hmmm, tell that to the Dr. that perform vasectomys

Tax:

What? don't tell me you are....
View attachment 3527145View attachment 3527146

Hey, no taking pictures of my butt!!
it’s a lovely butt 🥰

She knew. Dakota knew, that soon as I closed that coop door, that’d be it for the night. Everyone else is now going to bed. Ohhhh, but not Dakota! She ran fast towards the porch and the door to the house. Begging me to bring her inside! I’m such a pushover when it comes to my chooks.
:th:idunno
Hahaha and boy can they run fast!

I have mentioned several times that Alinta and Brenna are obsessed with my neighbors yard. It used to just be a morning thing, particularly before we were up, they would head over there and then Rosie would tell on them by screaming until i fetched them back. Well Rosie has been broody for a month, and now they are going morning and evening!
All the way up by the house, the cat in the driveway is another neighbors.
View attachment 3527259
"This lawn is better than ours"
View attachment 3527260
Heading home
View attachment 3527261
That’s awesome - and so cute, what a great way to meet your neighbours. Does she want any eggs maybe? 💕💕💕

Back
Top Bottom