Yesterday, in the midst of Zulu and company creating havoc (there's another good name) with the adults, Twirp, Nellie, Primula, and PITA all sat for several hours before hopping off nests. Thing watched the babes intently. Wether any of them are thinking about being broody remains to be seen. Of those listed PITA and Nellie are the highest ranked, so most likely to defend their nests successfully. Personally, I would love to have the broody bug. So far I've only had 1 at a time. We'll see what happens.

Is there any bylaw on how many hens you can keep? Do you have any other neighbours with chickens?
I believe we can have six. Nobody on our block, there is someone at the other end of the street i have seen (a few blocks away) and some somewhere behind us we can hear. She is one of the few neighbors that hasn't asked for eggs. Good since we are lucky if we get 1 a day. For some reason when Rosie goes broody the other 2 stop laying for a couple weeks.

Raven has 2 chicks out. A Black one and a white or cream silkie mix. No mistaking this one is a mix, pink legs with normal toes darn it. This evening I am setting Corona and I have a special surprise for her being delivered to her later this afternoon.
Oooo anticipation 🥰

I can’t wait to see what that is myself!

Yesterday, in the midst of Zulu and company creating havoc (there's another good name) with the adults, Twirp, Nellie, Primula, and PITA all sat for several hours before hopping off nests. Thing watched the babes intently. Wether any of them are thinking about being broody remains to be seen. Of those listed PITA and Nellie are the highest ranked, so most likely to defend their nests successfully. Personally, I would love to have the broody bug. So far I've only had 1 at a time. We'll see what happens.
I have a couple going around ‘buk buk buk buk’ but I think they are just copying my co-broodies.

Just as well - I can’t have anymore babies here. They up in the trees, hoping the fence, generally running amok, and worse - they are dragging Rico, Tippy and Martina with them, even a couple of the older gals are following them!

Careful what you wish for you will be over run like me 🫣

I believe we can have six. Nobody on our block, there is someone at the other end of the street i have seen (a few blocks away) and some somewhere behind us we can hear. She is one of the few neighbors that hasn't asked for eggs. Good since we are lucky if we get 1 a day. For some reason when Rosie goes broody the other 2 stop laying for a couple weeks.
Ahhh! So you need a couple more 🥰

I am sure we can talk you into it 😁

Caturday

Missy loves to play in the water in the sink, she make quite the mess but we allow it 😊 the floor and countertop are easy to clean up 🐈
439CE3BB-EDAD-4BEE-950D-79F15A7CC453.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom