Oh the drama - it’s so much fun.

So did your BR grab the egg and roll it under her?
Of course! :lau :lau

Funny thing, though, she is purring/cooing in the nest box, not buk-buk-buking like most broodies.:idunno The contented noise they make when roosted at night (AFTER night-time roosting drama), so I'm not sure what to think. Yesterday was the second day she was like this...and she didn't go broody last year.:confused:

Sweet Estrella has fully recovered from parvo and has grown a bit. Hoping to find a nice home for her.View attachment 3528482
Gorgeous girl! She will make someone a very nice companion! And, boy, is she going to be a big girl if she grows into those paws! Who can resist that beautiful face.:love:love:love:love

Of course! :lau :lau

Funny thing, though, she is purring/cooing in the nest box, not buk-buk-buking like most broodies.:idunno The contented noise they make when roosted at night (AFTER night-time roosting drama), so I'm not sure what to think. Yesterday was the second day she was like this...and she didn't go broody last year.:confused:
I gave up trying to second guess these hens. And me would think that Sophia would go broody, she sits in that box growling and buk buk buk for hrs, after she lays her egg, then near bed time hops out and goes on a food bender!

These birds think that I am an endless supplier of treats. What I am actually doing is cutting down on the treats lately. The cabbage stays though.
Yep mine only get a scattering of scratch when I need to bring them in and do a head count to go somewhere. The only ones to get more are the silkie chicks - I am wanting to keep them tame!

I worry about them being overweight, hard on legs and egg laying…

Back
Top Bottom