Actually the weather is exactly like home, hot n humid but I'm not leaving the hotel today. It was a beat down from the heat yesterday, 12 hours in a 100 degree climate kicked my behind. We worked 80 hours in 6 days this week so I'm totally chillaxing today 🙃 🍻🍺
Wow that is extreme, ok you DEFINITELY deserve a couple days just chillaxing 😊

soooo what do you think Lety is up to while you’re away? I can’t wait to see if she has more chicks to show! ❤️

I was rather proud of myself figuring how to do that!

Poor Aunty Eli has totally lost control. She sits there with her butt in the air like she expects them to all run under her to get warm.

I really hope she is OK. I feel like she should have given up on mothering them by now and at least gone back to roosting.

I was so annoyed at my co-broodies this afternoon - I was trying to get them inside, I was so annoyed with them going buk buk buk buk and trying to get their babies to follow. If they had just gone inside the kids would have followed.

Those chicks are going to be 6 weeks old, and I can only guess at how much longer they will brood them. Henny Penny lasted 3 months with her chicks brooding them. So I would bet that Eli will continue to brood them for a while yet 😊

I was rather proud of myself figuring how to do that!

Poor Aunty Eli has totally lost control. She sits there with her butt in the air like she expects them to all run under her to get warm.

I really hope she is OK. I feel like she should have given up on mothering them by now and at least gone back to roosting.

For a second there I thought had snuck in more chicks hahaha!

Not in my experience, i was sure Alinta was a boy for ages, she has the first and biggest comb and spur bumps.
Oh the stress hahahaha

Ok well guess I will just sit on my hands and wait another couple months.

Almost want to do the gender dna test hahaha but that would be too expensive.

@Ponypoor - I just noticed in this picture of Sylvie you can see the little spur bud on her right foot.
The breeder assured me she is a girl and Welbars can be sexed at hatch so I assume she is indeed female in spite of the spur buds.
I have a set of Air-Buds. I got them last Thursday. Does that mean anything? :old :smack

20230601_124322.jpg

I'm stunned, princess has never been the greatest of egg layers but she has laid 3 eggs this week. Wonder's will never cease with that girl

Back
Top Bottom