Thoughts... ?

Sooooo looks like Sophia is broody, she is back in the nest box and stealing eggs, I tried to take her eggs away but she gently tucked them back under her - I couldn't take them it would be heartless.

Now don't go getting thinking I am setting her on eggs - NOPE not happening don't need any more Roos. But, I just called Freys to see about getting some pullets: Blue Azures (blue eggers) and Noirans (chocolate eggers). They drive orders up to the local feed store every other week. So on the 21st they will bring up a bunch more.

So what if I got say 4 or 6 pullets? and shoved under Sophia - she would be the only hen I would give chicks to now, and only because she is getting old and she seems to be wanting to have some babies - she has been very interested in the school chicks.

pullets.JPG

Thoughts... ?

Sooooo looks like Sophia is broody, she is back in the nest box and stealing eggs, I tried to take her eggs away but she gently tucked them back under her - I couldn't take them it would be heartless.

Now don't go getting thinking I am setting her on eggs - NOPE not happening don't need any more Roos. But, I just called Freys to see about getting some pullets: Blue Azures (blue eggers) and Noirans (chocolate eggers). They drive orders up to the local feed store every other week. So on the 21st they will bring up a bunch more.

So what if I got say 4 or 6 pullets? and shoved under Sophia - she would be the only hen I would give chicks to now, and only because she is getting old and she seems to be wanting to have some babies - she has been very interested in the school chicks.

View attachment 3529927
@RoyalChick
Don't look so surprised - :) you know I miss my Bielefelder and Brahma - I don't want to drive 6 hrs round trip though. So next best thing :)

Besides - they aren't accepting any more order for this year ( hahaha I checked teeheehee :) Bad Kelly)

Ohhh darn it! This really hurts. I don’t want you people to worry about me, I just am telling you what is happening right now. I’m using voice activation for this texting, Henrietta is by my side and she’s not feeling well either. I’m laying on the heating pad. I’m thinking of calling Paul, to come and take care of the animals for me this morning. I must have slept wrong last night. I’m not old enough for this kind of ache and pain! Maybe I am.
Ive been in bed with a migraine and have a bad back and neck. Ice always works best for the pain.At least thats what my Dr. says. Try 20 minutes heat then 20 minutes ice every hour.

Thoughts... ?

View attachment 3529927
You know none of those will count as chickens. Get 10.

Back
Top Bottom