I have been outside 3 hours mowing grass. In that time I have been able to really take a good observation of the flock. I cannot begin to express the amount of guilt I feel by trying to force my flock into being a 3 rooster flock just because I wanted to keep Twig. Not one single crow to be heard. Bubba went to a spot already mowed in the yard and just pretty much fell over. He scared me the way he flopped. I come to him only to find him stretched out napping in the sun. I had the entire side yard mowed which takes the longest and had finished a break before he woke up. One point Branch and several of the hens came and joined him while the others were following behind me eating bugs. The boys let me know months ago it would not work. Instead of listening to them in my selfishness for wanting to keep a 3rd rooster I added undue stress to them and the girls.
But you are looking at it all wrong!

If you had got rid of him then where might he be? The extra time with you meant he could go to his new flock and be just as cherished ❤️

It’s funny how things work out isn’t it?

:hugs

Situation normal: IMG_3176.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom