I was able to move the chicken tractor a bit and now Goldie and 4 can have a little green grass. Tomorrow I will move it to a better spot but my back is sore from wrestling a 2,000 Amp circuit breaker this morning.
Be careful with your back. Once damaged they are never the same.

Back tax. šŸ˜‰
20230919_085051.jpg

Hello everyone.

I am just popping in for a second. I am way behind, not been able to get on since late Friday. If I have time will try to do a longer post to update everyone. The hospital released grandma Saturday. Due to her being diagnosed with covid she needed to be hospitalized 11 days to get into a nursing home. We did not get that, instead they sent her home weaker then when she went in. She is now bedridden. They did not even provide a ambulance to get her in the house, it was up to us. Well, that led to another 911 call when she collapsed the second they got her out of the car. They sent a fire truck, 2 normal trucks with the volunteer fired department and a ambulance. 4 men had to carry her up the steps and place her in the hospital bed. The only good thing to come out of the whole situation is mom was finally able to get the process started to get outside help without her permission. The only question now is how long is that going to take.

OK they told me the warming panel inside the tote is even better....
View attachment 3639850
They make expeditions out and then periodically come back.
Big tarps went up today, with a few bungees holding them in place for now. Will zip tie them later.
Bought gutter parts for the low end of the roof but it was raining almost all day today. Never done a gutter before, wish me luck!
View attachment 3639861
Use gutter screws if you can and not nails.

Hello everyone.

I am just popping in for a second. I am way behind, not been able to get on since late Friday. If I have time will try to do a longer post to update everyone. The hospital released grandma Saturday. Due to her being diagnosed with covid she needed to be hospitalized 11 days to get into a nursing home. We did not get that, instead they sent her home weaker then when she went in. She is now bedridden. They did not even provide an ambulance to get her in the house, it was up to us. Well, that led to another 911 call when she collapsed the second they got her out of the car. They sent a fire truck, 2 normal trucks with the volunteer fired department and an ambulance. 4 men had to carry her up the steps and place her in the hospital bed. The only good thing to come out of the whole situation is mom was finally able to get the process started to get outside help without her permission. The only question now is how long is that going to take.
Seems like a major setback to me, so sorry šŸ˜ž

Yes. That was the only way I could catch her - when she roosted at dark.

Unfortunately, I had to process her this weekend. With her growing and my arm not, it was getting harder to feed her and taking longer to stuff the crop...and she was - condition wise= a full grade below her siblings. And that is with me keeping her in these past few weekends to give her a full mid-day feeding, too, before letting her out with her siblings.

šŸ˜¢I cried myself to sleep Sunday night.šŸ˜¢ I knew this day would come, but I kept trying to ignore that thought mentally - until I just couldn't anymore.
@bgmathteach it must have been extremely difficult after having given her so much care. Iā€™m sure she enjoyed each day she had in your flock as a precious gift, like chickens do. I think it's admirable that you found it in you to help her walk along the path and let her go when it became necessary.
Hello everyone.

I am just popping in for a second. I am way behind, not been able to get on since late Friday. If I have time will try to do a longer post to update everyone. The hospital released grandma Saturday. Due to her being diagnosed with covid she needed to be hospitalized 11 days to get into a nursing home. We did not get that, instead they sent her home weaker then when she went in. She is now bedridden. They did not even provide a ambulance to get her in the house, it was up to us. Well, that led to another 911 call when she collapsed the second they got her out of the car. They sent a fire truck, 2 normal trucks with the volunteer fired department and a ambulance. 4 men had to carry her up the steps and place her in the hospital bed. The only good thing to come out of the whole situation is mom was finally able to get the process started to get outside help without her permission. The only question now is how long is that going to take.
What kind of a world where things like this can happen. I just hope you can find emotional support with your animals.
:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs
This is a very nice way to view this. Thank you for that.
I really hope you don't feel disowned. I think we participate in the synopsis because we feel this thread gave us something precious at some point and we want to give back and help it live, at least that's my case.
Ear tint can align with egg color.

Glynda's ears used to blueish in tint. Do they seem white now? :confused:

View attachment 3640218
Glyndaā€™s face is beautiful.
There must be exceptions to the egg/ear colour rule.
Merle lays very light cream eggs, that you would think were white unless seeing them next to a white egg.
IMG_20230920_151657.jpg

Chipie lays white eggs (well, about 20 a year between may and august). And hum, please don't say anything about her tail.
IMG_20230920_150537_BURST5.jpg

Thereā€™s a new AI system that is designed for making my preflight/post flight checklists. Verbal Communication asks me the questions and I answer them with ā€œcheck (affirmative) or stand by (Iā€™m still verifying the validity of my answer) itā€™s like having a copilot next to me, but faster and more accurate! So cool šŸ˜Ž I can hardly believe why I didnā€™t invent the thing myself! šŸ›©ļø

Back
Top Bottom