No eggs today. :( But I did get outside and raked up a few piles of leaves.
(gives the chooks something to do) (spread them back out to the yard!) IMG_3741.jpeg IMG_3742.jpeg

Ok so no eggs from pullets yet, I went and double checked their ages:

Tippy 29 weeks
School chicks 26 weeks
Sophia’s chicks 19 weeks

Babe squatted for me today - 19 weeks. At this rate she will be laying before the rest!
Will you be adopting the “School Chicks” eventually? :confused:

I wanted a sassy spunky silkie hen. I have one in Poppet. She was loose for 30 minutes today with me. In that time she snuck up behind Raven of all hens who was helping herself to her food and pecked her on the butt. Raven jumped a foot in the air then half-heartedly chased her out of the coop. She then picked a fight with Siri my last Buff orp hen. Siri was simply going to walk by and ignore her, Poppet challenged her. Before I could stop it Poppet tried to ninja kick Siri in the face which led to Siri flying up and trying to land on her. I grab Siri before she could hurt her and Poppet runs straight for semi-broody grumpy Goose. I had to drop Siri ungracefully and give chase to Poppet to scoop her up before she could injure herself. She is like a chihuahua and thinks she is bigger then she really is. Back into the coop we go little lady and it is for your own good. I will say the spoiled princess now loves her leaves and digs away in them. I also showed her out of curiosity one of the leghorns eggs. I am very proud to say she immediately tried to roll it under her to sit on it. I have no doubt when the time comes she will go broody for me. Silkies are born broody.

I wanted a sassy spunky silkie hen. I have one in Poppet. She was loose for 30 minutes today with me. In that time she snuck up behind Raven of all hens who was helping herself to her food and pecked her on the butt. Raven jumped a foot in the air then half-heartedly chased her out of the coop. She then picked a fight with Siri my last Buff orp hen. Siri was simply going to walk by and ignore her, Poppet challenged her. Before I could stop it Poppet tried to ninja kick Siri in the face which led to Siri flying up and trying to land on her. I grab Siri before she could hurt her and Poppet runs straight for semi-broody grumpy Goose. I had to drop Siri ungracefully and give chase to Poppet to scoop her up before she could injure herself. She is like a chihuahua and thinks she is bigger then she really is. Back into the coop we go little lady and it is for your own good. I will say the spoiled princess now loves her leaves and digs away in them. I also showed her out of curiosity one of the leghorns eggs. I am very proud to say she immediately tried to roll it under her to sit on it. I have no doubt when the time comes she will go broody for me. Silkies are born broody.
What a brat! But love that she feels she can sit on eggs already! These silkies are just such little demons!

So when do you think she will start laying eggs!?

Back
Top Bottom