1000001517.jpg

1000001518.jpg

Princess is perking up a little. I'm afraid she's had to have treats but she seems a lot more contented today and calling me for attention ❤️

Sad for the cracked Marty egg. And that it’s looking like Marty’s aren’t fertile. It’s still a little soon, though to be sure about viability?
6 days - so should see some veins and a dark spot for the fetus. At least veins…. I am going to do a more thorough check this evening when it’s good and dark.

The egg that broke, I checked it and there was absolutely no development- and it didn’t smell either so that’s good!

Which rooster chicks did you keep? I was gone and there’s no way that I’m gonna go through a thousand pages. And is Chicory Blue’s Butters okay, or did she pass away?
None, I only have Mr P here now for Roos. It’s way quieter and the hens are much happier.

I'm sorry one cracked. Hold off on the questionable eggs until Monday evening to be safe, they might surprise you. If they are duds well you tried. Really a few chicks this time of year is good. Mr P has been molting so therefore not breeding the girls like he would be in the spring. We may not get the desired power couple chicks, but you still will have some cute polkie chicks running around from Fluffy and Curly. That is something to look forward to.
Yes I am eager to see what colours they produce. And pray for pullets. I will get a gender DNA test done (using eggshell membrane) when they hatch so I will know right away what they are. No messing around wondering…. I want to know so I can deal with them faster.

Yes I am eager to see what colours they produce. And pray for pullets. I will get a gender DNA test done (using eggshell membrane) when they hatch so I will know right away what they are. No messing around wondering…. I want to know so I can deal with them faster.
I will pray for girls. I'm not going to lie, I am missing one of the 2 boys I placed yesterday. I had a inkling early on they were boys and I was right. I did everything in me to stay hands off and not get attached. They did everything in their power to ensure they had to be handled daily and really were good boys even if they were hitting their idiot stage. It was because of those 2 that I still had to carry some of them to the coop each night. They insisted they needed to roost on the porch and always had at least one of the girls in between them. Packing them to the coop they would snuggle in and coo sort of. Darn it boys, stop that, I could not keep you. Then they got handsome, especially the twig son who I was wanting to keep or at least find a good home for.
This one right here, he had me very close to trying 3 boys again even knowing it would not work.
DSCN2467.JPG
DSCN2476.JPG

How
Yes I have same issues, big combs little combs, floppy an V shaped. I know fluffy silkies, frizzle and normal feathers. I know muffs, beards, and topknots. 3 toes and 4 toes.

After that anything goes 😁
How about TIN feathers, like the ones on Rusty Roostie here?: IMG_0776.jpeg

Last edited:
“Deal with them faster” whatever do you mean by that? :old :hit

I will pray for girls. I'm not going to lie, I am missing one of the 2 boys I placed yesterday. I had a inkling early on they were boys and I was right. I did everything in me to stay hands off and not get attached. They did everything in their power to ensure they had to be handled daily and really were good boys even if they were hitting their idiot stage. It was because of those 2 that I still had to carry some of them to the coop each night. They insisted they needed to roost on the porch and always had at least one of the girls in between them. Packing them to the coop they would snuggle in and coo sort of. Darn it boys, stop that, I could not keep you. Then they got handsome, especially the twig son who I was wanting to keep or at least find a good home for.
This one right here, he had me very close to trying 3 boys again even knowing it would not work.
View attachment 3680353View attachment 3680354
Wow, that is a gorgeous rooster! Well I hope he did go to a good home. Maybe you can get updates about him once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom