Brilliant that you already know! This was via blood sample?
What will you do with wee Bert?
Yes I did a gender DNA test using the egg shell, the membrane inside the shell contains blood and tissue samples to use for the test. They use a PCR test for this. I used this last spring to test a few silkie babies I had here.

http://www.healthgene.com/avian-dna-testing/1306/

SHRA tax, now I know what you’re doing with wee Bart- keeping him of course! View attachment 3696035
Yes for the time being wee Bert will be staying 😊💕 as long as he behaves!

Snug as a bug in a rug 😊 I love how they have colour coordinates themselves - all the dark one at one end and the white ones the other end.

A905CC30-5DC0-4D3B-B387-E17792BACEF2.png

Yes! But too late, the very first time she got up there I did get a light peck on the edge of my cornea (I squinched my eye barely in time). I had turned my head just in time to see her lean over and bam! Got me, behind my glasses even. What precision pecking! Also a very cute image for that millisecond, of her looking at me upside down. Rinsed my eye, it’s felt fine, but I just noticed a grey spot there. My teeth are fine, but somebody did lightly bruise my lower lip when they were still in the brooder!

Gear for chicken encounters

View attachment 3695652
Tina gave me a thick lip. The same week my friends dog tripped her up at the park and she got a black eye. If anyone had seen us both coming out of that park and had not seen us both entering, they could have easily assumed we had been in an all out fight :rolleyes:

Meet Topaz. He is a Sapphire Gem/Easter Egger.
Mom is the gem, dad is the egger.
He is one of the roo teenagers we hatched from our original flock.
All the boys have the orangish broen color on them somewhere and fluffy cheeks just like dad.
View attachment 3696068
He is a handsome big boy 😊

The one thing I hate about keeping chickens, is waking up excited to see your babies and finding one that didn't wake up.
One of my Japanese Bantams roosters fell asleep for the final time. He was looking off yesterday kinda sluggish like they do when they have coccidia. I treated their water. Cleaned the coop and run
I wasn't ready. His brother wasn't wither apparently because he's been doing a low one note crow all morning. He looks so sad that I honestly think he may go to from a broken heart. I have him separate for thr coccidia just in case so I don't know what to do. He is all by himself.
RIP Marty.
Me and McFly miss you already sweet boy.

Attachments

• 20230809_194208_resized.jpg
    20230809_194208_resized.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom