Oh I can’t wait to see photos of your new babies 😊💕
So far its just little crumb.. Here's mom and dad. Cookie Monster is all black. And Cream had metallic blue ears. It's hard to tell in the pic, but baby is almost silver.
I walked in and there were feet in the air and yelling coming from the incubator. I don't think the other one is going to hatch.
This one is so active and vocal. None of my others were this awake Fter hatching.
I heard silikes love to be moms do you think Cookie would want it I'd she wasn't broody?
Y

Attachments

• 20231202_144428_resized.jpg
    20231202_144428_resized.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230714_175602_resized.jpg
    20230714_175602_resized.jpg
    743.8 KB · Views: 8
I t hink the Bantam Brahma will be good with him. They are certainly bigger, but if the bantam variety is anything like the standard version of Brahma, they are pretty easy going and would probably make a good match - and he definitely needs a 'friend'. I agree with the idea @RebeccaBoyd said - once you can hatch some of your own pullets - put some in with him once they are 3-4 months (and can 'hold their own' against a roo) with him.
Yes definitely. I have pit feelers out for bantam gis around his age but I am having a hard time. I would love 15. 5 for each non serama bantam group. I have more eggs on an incubator, but would love at least 1 or 2 asap.

So far its just little crumb.. Here's mom and dad. Cookie Monster is all black. And Cream had metallic blue ears. It's hard to tell in the pic, but baby is almost silver.
I walked in and there were feet in the air and yelling coming from the incubator. I don't think the other one is going to hatch.
This one is so active and vocal. None of my others were this awake Fter hatching.
I heard silikes love to be moms do you think Cookie would want it I'd she wasn't broody?
Y
Awwww babies are so cute 😊💕

Did you try candling the other eggs ? When I candled the eggs on hatch day I could see the chicks pipped through into the air cell 😊 and hear chirping 😊

I have given broody hens chicks - usually around a couple/few weeks of being broody.

Did you try candling the other eggs ? When I candled the eggs on hatch day I could see the chicks pipped through into the air cell 😊 and hear chirping 😊

I have given broody hens chicks - usually around a couple/few weeks of being broody.
So I had just put a few on after I confirmed she was laying fertile. They both handled about the same throughout. However this one popped out today on day6 and the other looks like if it is viable still has a little ways to go

Funny you say that because I went to candle today and heard the chirp when I picked it up then saw the hole.

Back
Top Bottom