Babies made it through the night just fine. Exploration (and discipline, thank you Cuckoo) has commenced
20240310_083649.jpg
Focus and Mera

Chia, Cuckoo, Kate, and Blurr (just before Blurr jumped off, and marched up to Cuckoo and got blasted)
20240310_104509.jpg

Kate also jumped up on Pear, who simply shrugged her off and went back to eating after giving a stern look.

When I stopped in to get adult food on Tuesday, the store still had some of the chicks from the second batch. I ended up getting 2 more...another sussex (the biggest of the ones left) and another Brahma (looks like a light one this time). They settled in with the others. The sussex dove right in and is almost as assertive as Kate (who will likely be queen one day). The Brahma took a little more time, but has gotten just as bold as the others (dive into the middle of the pack and grab feed).

Those 2 need names. Options: use Daisy and Liz (the others were cut so short), find new names, make a blend of Nox and Liz for at least the sussex.....wait a while and see what falls out to match personalities....

But that is their way of saying 'thank you'.
That’s a better way to frame it! I suppose it’s the complaining immediately afterwards that irks me. But really it’s just Becky who has so much to say about the infrequency of their treats 😂

These aren't the best pictures, but they are BOSS sprouts.
I have the same question as RC. I tried growing grains for them but they got so moldy, ages before they even turned green. I have tons of BOSS so this would be a worth another try. Unfortunately I probably keep my house too cool (64 degrees) for the seeds to germinate and grow before the fungus takes over.
I also get the pulled off cabbage leaves at one of the stores I shop (they let me take them for the chooks)
DCD8000F-9309-426D-B9AC-003B19456EF4.jpeg

This is today’s free veggie haul! What a score- some of their favorites! My wife was all flabbergasted: “That’s for the chickens?! But we like broccoli too!”
Alas, I’ve mentioned this before, but my girls don’t find cabbage to be worth their while. Won’t even touch it 😖. What a shame!

Good morning all!

Today is day 3 of the wormer in the water, tomorrow they can have regular water again. And after Wednesday I can once again collect eggs.

Then I need to wait 2 weeks and repeat the process. 3 days treatment and with hold eggs until 3 days after last treatment day.

Buttercup’s looking spotacular
View attachment 3768538

And old Penelope is lovely as ever
View attachment 3768537
Gosh those two are stunning

Back
Top Bottom