How was it getting into the run to get under the main coop??? I can see it getting into Hattie house if it isn't closed up....but under the main coop 😱.

Hmmm, that last pic. Time, me thinks, for some mouse steaks!
I have not been closing the run up at night. They are safely locked in the coop but I have become lazy and not closed up the complex at night. Those days are over.

OK....but scary, if other than a skunk....If a raccoon wants in, coops are strong enough to withstand an attack? You check that both auto-doors close properly each night? 😨
Yes, I check to make certain everyone is roosted inside and the doors are closed. I have not been reliable on closing the complex every night. That ends now.

The coops are as bullet proof as I can make them. I believe that nothing can get in. Raccoons especially. I reinforced everything and especially the cops when the suspected weasel killed Maleficent.

Bob, if not for anything else, listen to me now ! Dispatch the predator any way you can. Skunks will eat chickens, starting at the neck, tearing up their heads and devouring as much as they can. A skunk is nothing but trouble.
I have had skunks here probably as long as I have had chickens. They live under the neighbors porch. I just need to take better precautions to protect everyone. I think my garbage is more at risk than the chickens at this point.

It appears that Nimbus is one of the depositors of the new nest site
20240313_101251.jpg

Rose and the light Brahma (yes she's REALLY dark at the moment)
20240313_100859.jpg

Blurr (and Kate) seem to prefer exploring from the top of the tote. The sussex has found the upper hole(the plug feeds through it) and has used it, too.
20240313_101200.jpg

Back
Top Bottom