Egg Eater

Something has been eating eggs that have been left overnight in Hattie House. I missed getting them on Monday night and found 2 half eaten shells left in the nest Tuesday morning. So I made sure i got all the eggs on Tuesday and set up a camera trained on Hattie House. I figured this was the culprit. I did not catch it going into Hattie House but it went everywhere else.

View attachment 3770712

The big run
View attachment 3770713

Under the main coop

View attachment 3770714

Enlarged

View attachment 3770716

Surprisingly, I only caught one of these and no cats.
View attachment 3770718
I’m a stinky little skunk
Sleeping under someone’s bunk
Nobody wants to sleep with me
I’m as stinky as can be…
I’m a skunk (Pee-yew)
I’m a skunk (Pee-yew)

I’m a skunk, I’m a skunk, I’m a skunk

Pee-yew!

Yes, she is. She is, hmmmmm, I think 4???, maybe 5 this year????? She and her sisters have always been good broodies! Just, for whatever reason, they all seem to go broody June/July....NEVER this early!! But, yup, she is still sitting well. :)
She should be hatching this weekend then shouldn’t she??

@RoyalChick Yes, I'm that nervous! I check that everybody made it in and the door is closed. A couple of evenings I've forgotten to check but do it as soon as I remember, even at midnight.

Especially when the Spuds were integrating - they were always last in and did a lot of in-and-out with both Popcorn and Hazel pecking and making their lives hard. Twice somebody was caught out and I've gotten them in; I then set the door later to give the shenanigans time.

Soon they discovered that getting behind each of the Buckeyes was the safe place to be - they would brave the gauntlet, get by them and go back as far as possible.

Now, they've figured out the best strategy is to be first in, before the Buckeyes. They are early to bed ladies!
My youngsters are always last in the brats!

But at my 8pm evening feed I gather up any that strays and plop them in the coop. Brats!

Pretty Bloom on this egg! In person it definitely looks lavender, not sure I captured well enough but wow 🤩
IMG_0844.jpeg

Sir Jaffar is now an indoor rooster. I found him in the run cowering and bleeding from wounds to his wattles and his comb. His good eye, he’s keeping closed and I fear that he’s been attacked by the neighbors roo again. I’m going to dispatch the neighbors rooster. It’s obvious that that neighbor has no sense of community safety.
Jaffar is messed up 😔

Sir Jaffar is now an indoor rooster. I found him in the run cowering and bleeding from wounds to his wattles and his comb. His good eye, he’s keeping closed and I fear that he’s been attacked by the neighbors roo again. I’m going to dispatch the neighbors rooster. It’s obvious that that neighbor has no sense of community safety.
Jaffar is messed up 😔
Oh wow! Poor Jafar! Does the neighbor’s rooster regularly come over? Do their hens as well? If they do… are their brawls between your two flocks?

Hi everyone, popping in for a quick update.

Grandma has pretty much stopped eating and drinking. The last meal she had was breakfast Monday morning. We have been struggling to get her meds down with applesauce. Mom called out the nurse this morning. They came, vitals are dropping and the decision was made from here out to stop all medicine except her pain meds and the valium to calm her nerves if we can get that down. She talked in her sleep all night long, with my uncle who passed back in November.

Hi everyone, popping in for a quick update.

Grandma has pretty much stopped eating and drinking. The last meal she had was breakfast Monday morning. We have been struggling to get her meds down with applesauce. Mom called out the nurse this morning. They came, vitals are dropping and the decision was made from here out to stop all medicine except her pain meds and the valium to calm her nerves if we can get that down. She talked in her sleep all night long, with my uncle who passed back in November.
:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom