Not a chick photo update, sorry! All six are doing well though :D One of them is leagues larger than the rest, so I’ve taken to calling him Coach.

Anyways I went up to toss kiddo/kitchen leftovers to the adult chooks. Rice & broccoli, hurray:
FED3CE31-A509-4095-83E8-D5E58C399AF5.jpeg

But I had saved the best for last, a real live stink bug caught inside the house! Those make for the best games of Keep Away. Alas, when I tossed it into the run it caught onto a log, and the little brat then froze in place so none of the hens even SAW it right above their heads
4BBC4A84-8A9C-44D5-9BA6-3735EC3BBD1D.jpeg

I wonder if it got away in the end.

Albert took the opportunity to check out escape possibilities through the Dutch door:
0F40B681-B9B7-4D22-AC4F-01A557302EE9.jpeg

Nope. And it took fancy footwork to maneuver back around:
9F5280D8-3A3E-424B-BB6C-08FCAB4FE461.jpeg

He is human. Don’t ever go down the path of thinking otherwise. Bad things happen when people think others are less than human.
He is a nasty viscous good-for-nothing human who should have his dog taken away from him and should maybe go to jail for assault with a deadly weapon (the dog), but he is human.
I spoke to his partner last year, she has a child by him. She hasn't been seen for a long time, and was a really nice lady. She said this dog was a really lovely creature. She adored her. But somehow this insult to the human race has taken over this place skunk pouring out of every window and that poor dog is under his supervision.

This is the reason I didn't report this incident, she didn't bite me but I don't know if she'd have bitten my little old guy. Who had a stroke several years ago and he's very frail. He's afraid too go there now.

I think all that calcium is helpful when they go to put a shell on their egg… if they bypass the shell making station altogether, it doesn’t really matter how much calcium is on board. I’m not sure what makes the egg skip that step though :confused:
That's an answer I would love to find out and if it could be corrected. I had this problem especially with my battery girls

Crazy that I have eggshells, crushed oyster shells, layer feed high in calcium. Even shrimp tails. But she still does that. I think she is stressed out by the other birds. :idunno
How old is she now?

I am also at a loss as to figure out why Petunia is laying soft eggs. And she is just a mutt, not one of those production breeds you would expect to see that in.

Came home from work, roads bare/dry, snow all gone. Played with Sherlock, then climbed into the bath tub for an hour. Came out for dinner/closing coop (all settled).View attachment 3780029North side

View attachment 3780030View attachment 3780030South side.

Rewind winter for the umpteenth time....🎵🎶
Yep same here. We had spring all winter and now it’s spring we are having winter!!!

BFTP
Last week’s hilarious photo of Betty

She looks like one of those Harpie Eagles
18CDDA72-B1EF-44F3-82C4-8754958B9609.jpeg

I have been in here for a long time.
I think to be a score it should be something like:
Avg ❤️ reactions per post x # posts

Post-count-tax: Bernie surveying the flooded run. You can sort of see at bottom right that it was actually running water in that part of the run. Rain has eased off now though we are still under flood watch.
View attachment 3780127
Just saw on the news all the snow and rain down your way. I sure hope you’re ok.

Be careful! 💕💕

Hi RC, work and illness has kept me away. I'm not having a good start to 2024 but the past few days have been great. Sunday my daughters and granddaughter was over and we had a great time. Anna caught a 19 inch bass besting me and her auntie. Today Mike came over, he's recovering well even though chemo has been a bit rough. I had the big fish of the day, an 18 inch bass and several more were caught. We gave Mike 3 young hens for Big Blue (Cholo 4).
Hi Greg! Say hi to Lety - that sounds like a wonderful time with your grand daughter- tahts a good sized Bass! Did you throw it on the BBQ? So glad your friend is recovering well, and he gets 3 of your lovely pullets 💕

Back
Top Bottom