The edger I bought will be delivered Wednesday afternoon. The man said he wanted to fix it up a bit before bringing it to me.
I really like to do my own fixing up stuff. But he insisted.
New gardeners business I’m creating tax: View attachment 3782645
That’s great! I wish you every success 😊💕

The Spuds today on the bench behind the coop. They liked staying off the snow! Everyone was wary of how the snow gave way when they stepped on it. Took awhile to get used to that.
View attachment 3782722

Got some nice mug shots
Tedi in back, Diane in middle, Anna closest.
View attachment 3782723
From the other side. They were observing while I cleaned the coop. Tedi, Diane, Anna in back.
View attachment 3782725
Happy to stay above the snow!
View attachment 3782730

Hazel found her own little life raft too. She posed like this for a minute.
View attachment 3782731
Awwwww 😊💕 crunchy evil white stuff! 😳

They are such gorgeous creatures aren’t they ❤️

The rabbit hutches are here. We're for sure removing the current nest boxes and attaching one sealed up hutch to make a step-down nest box with three spaces. We might do the other side as well. Dad is going to try to get more equipment crate/pallets from work to add run extensions off the back. These hutches seemed so tiny with the rabbits in them, and they seem huge compared to my little coop. I'm hoping to use them to give the girls more space though. Hubby wants to turn the spaces beneath into little run extensions as well for the girls.
View attachment 3781582
View attachment 3781585
View attachment 3781586
View attachment 3781588

Paternal gramma will need a wheelchair even with her prosthetic for a while. So my plans of having a new coop built are on hold. Grampa is giving everyone a hard time about the house getting situated for her. He's a bit of a hoarder and has a bit of dementia so it's very rough. He is willing to give things away, it's just things like he doesn't want to move the table with his coffeemaker and is willing to make that a big fight. It's been a scary year or so for them, and we're planning on spending as much time as we can to make things easier.
Sorry for rambling, these meds are kicking my butt hardcore. You should see all the timers, sticky notes, and phone memos I have right now to make sure things are getting done. 🙃
Here's some beautiful girls.
View attachment 3781601
View attachment 3781602
View attachment 3781603
View attachment 3781604View attachment 3781605
I have a toddler play fence I'm going to use as a bit of a corral for the girls when I do evening treats. I know they'll be able to jump over it but might keep them a little more contained.
The rabbit hutches will work great. I love extra space under coop space. It is a super way to provide more room for them.

I sure hope things aren't too difficult with the family and the meds. :hugs :hugs :hugs

Single comb is recessive. To get it from rose comb parents, they both have rose comb HIDING a straight comb gene. The head spot indicates barring, so at least 1 parent is barred. Options: 1. one of your Dom ladies is Rrpp (single copy rose comb) and chick's father is your buff orp => chick is cockerel (can only get barring from mom) and could show some buff leakage as an adult. 2. Ijak is Rrpp, and chick is from any of the ladies EXCEPT your Dom ladies (or your legbars if you have them?) and could be any gender, possibly show color leakage if mama is not the black ladies. 3. Pure Dom, both parents are Rrpp, hiding the straight comb, role of the dice managed to get the rrpp from both, and is female (based upon headspot size. 4. If you have ANY ladies with even a smidgen of barring (beyond the doms), could be from them and the BO cockerel ....although, color then seems odd...unless it's a black split of some sort.

May have other possibilities, but this is off the top of my head, while at lunch. Does that sort of cover what you're asking?
Amazing. You are really an expert at this stuff. :clap:clap:clap

Oh we’re not near desperation yet- she just started (trying) to lay earlier this month. And if the cause of the soft eggs is stress, I can’t imagine isolated black out box time would help.
I would not separate her. Not when she just integrated. It very much could be stress related.

That would work the same way. Good thinking RC.
I have not had time to put her away in the dark when I get home, always something happening here, yesterday it was a backlog of work, today family dropped by for supper and kept distracting me at the barn.

Then try to catch her !!! She can move I tell you!

Back
Top Bottom