Almost fully covered here, getting dimmer and cooler, the birds are quieting down but the frogs still going strong!

I used a solar lense to cover the camera. As it got closer my photos got blurry…
I was looking through a piece of welding glass. No glasses, but it was good enough. I covered the camera with the glass and took some photos, but the camera wasn't that great so it didn't pick up. It did look good, though.

Totally cool.
We got about 90% coverage here. Forecast was for cloud - but it was mostly clear.
My eclipse pie was yummy and I got some good photos.
The Princesses were entirely uninterested and stayed outside scratching around.

View attachment 3795707View attachment 3795708View attachment 3795709View attachment 3795710View attachment 3795711

Tax: Piglet says eclipse? What is an eclipse? Is it edible?
View attachment 3795712
That pie looked great! And so did the photos 😊

Home finally!

Left the house at 9:40am
Got home 9:40pm

What a day! But worth it.

The chooks had mostly all gone to bed - good chickies!

The horses were not happy with being brought in so late. Oh well.

Now my turn for slumber land. Morning will come early and it’s to work for me.

I didn’t even collect eggs! Just counted choooks and told everyone good night

69F440F1-7061-493F-AE76-3F15BFB648CB.png

Good night everyone!

I was looking through a piece of welding glass. No glasses, but it was good enough. I covered the camera with the glass and took some photos, but the camera wasn't that great so it didn't pick up. It did look good, though.
I am glad you were able to see some of it, when totality was here the only way I can describe viewing the suns coronasphere was the most pure brilliant white light ever. Then it was over! And the moon started its path away from the sun.

Pip has laid another membrane-only egg, and it's a big one. And another lash egg, bigger than the first. I didn't take pictures. Button, another one of the pullets, really likes to eat eggs when she finds a broken one, and I had to get it out of there intact.

I'll be starting another round of lotus leaf extract and calcium citrate.

I'd seen Pip in her favorite nest box, and she might have laid a normal egg, but I don't know for sure.
I thought a few of you might find this interesting. I’m now reading this study saying that in hens who have suffered from salpingitis (although this is incidentally the same problem common to older hens where they throw increasingly thin-shelled egg), the microvilli that line the endometrium are damaged due to inflammation. Even once the inflammation has cleared, the villi will have either atrophied or are reduced in number. It’s those villi that hold the egg and push it along at a certain pace, so if they’re damaged, they end up passing eggs through the tract more quickly. Thus, thin shelled eggs.

But! That blood concentrations for minerals don’t change; meaning that additional calcium wouldn’t help. “The damages of endometrial tissue inhibit the processes of ion transmission and the crystallization of eggshell formation”.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6238045/

Does she have salpingitis?

I have had two hens now that had it. This Saturday I did a necropsy on Lady Nacho, and yep, the first thing I noticed was she had a really hard abdomen. Cut it open, and her oviduct is just a huge lash egg. Ew. It was very big. That's the second hen that I found to have salpingitis (after Ginger).
I took some pictures but don't want to share them, they are a bit disgusting. But it might come to that.
She did! Or does. She behaves as though it’s a thing of the past, but still has very thin shelled eggs. I’m fairly confident it’s bound to flare up again, and that these ridiculously thin shelled eggs are here to stay.

THAT
WAS
COOL!

It was like 8:15 pm dark, and we could see the ring around the moon! Very cool! I wish I had an awesome camera to take photos with but I am sure a million people were taking photos.

And speaking of cool, it went from +18 down to below 10c brrrr! And the birds are all quiet but the frogs didn’t stop.

Wow!

Dark
View attachment 3795562

Tried to take ring of fire photo this was at totality
View attachment 3795563
So cool!! We didn’t see it here, but I had forgotten all about how it would get cold!

Totally cool.
We got about 90% coverage here. Forecast was for cloud - but it was mostly clear.
My eclipse pie was yummy and I got some good photos.
The Princesses were entirely uninterested and stayed outside scratching around.

View attachment 3795707View attachment 3795708View attachment 3795709View attachment 3795710View attachment 3795711

Tax: Piglet says eclipse? What is an eclipse? Is it edible?
View attachment 3795712
Your pie looks amazing. LOVE the Oreo idea!

Back
Top Bottom