I do a chocolate cake from scratch - yum!

Not fussy on a white cake but hey, if itā€™s here Iā€™ll eat it. We make a white cake with vanilla extract for flavouring, but otherwise itā€™s just a plain white cake using plain flour. Itā€™s not a sponge cake which is more yellow in colour - the white cake is white.

My mum made another dark fruit cake we are working through. Sooooo good!
I'd love both on my plate :drool:drool that's if you're asking

For your viewing pleasure, a bunch of presumed cockerels šŸ˜–. Iā€™d love to hear you all say ā€œNo no, those are definitely all pullets. Especially Minaā€.

View attachment 3801795
BCM 1. Largest! And boldest.

View attachment 3801796
BCM 2. Sure, smallish comb, but wattles and still no tail. They are the most skittish.

View attachment 3801797
OE 1. I had always assumed boy for this lad since he has a cute brown stripe on one side of his head as a wee fluff ball. :confused:

View attachment 3801798
OE 2. Oh Mina why do you have such a large comb at barely four weeks! What do you all think of this one?

View attachment 3801799
OE 3: Bananas. Comb large but not pink, wattles present but not hugeā€¦ I still hold out hope for this one.

View attachment 3801800
A wee baby. Sweet little thing who fell asleep face down in the grass a few times today šŸ„°
:love:love:loveā™„ļøšŸ’˜šŸ˜

:lau Senility Dept:

When you forget you have a removable tray and roost bars and instead crawl in from the other end and lie on your belly to retrieve eggs :old DOH!
PXL_20240420_165847676.jpg

Yes, they are right there. Right at your feet. They couldn't lay them in a better spot. For further away you can use your imaginary can tool, which you still need to make due to not finding a light but long handle. The good news of this embarrassing revelation is that three feet long might work, maybe even shorter(?)
PXL_20240420_165834979.jpg

Last edited:
I replaced the dustbath soil/wood ash/rice hills mix with freshly dug (but damp) woodland soil. While the others scratched through it Hazel decided she needed a dry dust bath.
She went over to her cozy rest and bathing spot and dug a nice deep hole in the run litter. She was up to her armpits in there.
PXL_20240420_163840194.jpg

PXL_20240420_164007735.jpg

Popcorn came over and joined her
PXL_20240420_164050171.jpg

They all look wonderful šŸ„°

Peavey is offering both Buff and Lavender Orpington.

So many breed so little space!

yay! Hopefully she stays that way, Tippy is going broody here, I told her noooo! Wait a few weeks so that she can take on those school chicks.

Fried bologna - we call that Newfy steaks šŸ˜ you have to cut a line through the slice of bologna (from centre to outside edge) when frying it so it stays flat in the pan otherwise the casing shrinks and makes it go all bowl shaped (some trivia) no bologny.

Will you do a theme for names? Like all letter M or all flower names, I like the idea of aeronautical names šŸ˜Š

Wings
Aileron (Ailly for short)
Fuselage (Fusey for short)
Rudder
Wheels
Av-Gas
Cockpit (any Roos?)
Yoke

What do ya think šŸ˜†
Personally, I think Runway is a great one. Jet (stream) would work for the darkest one.... Turbo (for Turbulence), Prop (peller for the talkative one), Aero (naught), with Cockpit for a roo (yes, good idea).

Alex, if he does like last time, will get to know the littles before he give away ANY of his name ideas.

Personally, I think Runway is a great one. Jet (stream) would work for the darkest one.... Turbo (for Turbulence), Prop (peller for the talkative one), Aero (naught), with Cockpit for a roo (yes, good idea).

Alex, if he does like last time, will get to know the littles before he give away ANY of his name ideas.
I am waiting for him to tell us what one of them names itself. Little Xzyt named herself by pecking at his phone.

I replaced the dustbath soil/wood ash/rice hills mix with freshly dug (but damp) woodland soil. While the others scratched through it Hazel decided she needed a dry dust bath.
She went over to her cozy rest and bathing spot and dug a nice deep hole in the run litter. She was up to her armpits in there.
View attachment 3806823
View attachment 3806825
Popcorn came over and joined her
View attachment 3806827
Have these beautiful ladies had a night on the town šŸ˜ šŸ’• :D

Back
Top Bottom