Think of all the breakfasts that you are missing out!! :oops:
Joking aside, I am happy to hear that you have a little boy in your group of chicks. I can just imagine him trying to crow right now, it has to be hilarious. I do not think I have ever had one start that young. Drumstick was my youngest who let out his first strangled attempt at 5 1/2 weeks. Having had young wyandotte since pretty much day 1, the bond you two will have one day will be very special.

Joking aside, I am happy to hear that you have a little boy in your group of chicks. I can just imagine him trying to crow right now, it has to be hilarious. I do not think I have ever had one start that young. Drumstick was my youngest who let out his first strangled attempt at 5 1/2 weeks. Having had young wyandotte since pretty much day 1, the bond you two will have one day will be very special.
Our Wyandotte sounded hilarious trying to crow. My fake crowing probably helped him crow better.

I rode today with my friend (Auggie’s old owner.) she was on her horse, Lynk. I had Auggie walking and trotting around, and she cantered. Well, she was bareback, and Lynk decided that he was going to put his head down and pin his ears - a sign that he was gonna buck. She caught it in time and was able to get him under control. I was in front of her, so I pulled Auggie to the side and stopped. I was turned in the saddle, watching her and Lynk to see if I would need to move Auggie out of the way or dismount quickly if she didn’t get Lynk under control. Luckily she did, but I was kinda scared for her.
She’s an amazing rider though, so I had no doubt that she would be able to sit his antics, even bareback.

I ended up trying to canter, but Auggie wasn’t in the mood. He needs a half pad so I’m not going to try to canter him anymore until I few one. I bought one tonight and it should be here on Saturday.
He kept on picking up the wrong lead, and he was tossing his head. I decided that it was time to dismount because I could tell that he wasn’t comfortable.

Tax:
IMG_3984.jpeg

Our Wyandotte sounded hilarious trying to crow. My fake crowing probably helped him crow better.
The two polish roosters, Athens and Nemesis, are staring to crow. At first it sounded so ridiculous, but it’s starting to sound better. Either way when chooks are learning to crow, it’s hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom