@Ponypoor young man Bert has a new fan. I was showing Rosie pictures of the parents to the eggs in the incubator. Curly and Henny Penny are her 2 favorites out of her girls. She is my daughter though and she spotted Bert in the background of one of the pictures. I want to go steal Marty. Rosie is all up for a road trip to go steal Bert. In her opinion the 2 Betty eggs became the most valuable in the incubator. She now wants a Bert of her own.
50% chance it will be frizzle and of course 50% chance for gender. As for colour…. :idunno

Dang it, I missed Drinks with Chooks day. ByBob, please warn us when extra fun theme days are headed our way! I would put it on the calendar and make something happen. View attachment 3843058
This sorry excuse of a photo… that drink cup held not Chardonnay, but meal worms 😩

View attachment 3843059
Here is someone who was not complaining about that. Wee chick! Now likely named Pips.
Wow she sure has grown up! And not a baby any longer 😊♥️🌹

50% chance it will be frizzle and of course 50% chance for gender. As for colour…. :idunno
I really need to read up on Frizzle genetics. I do know crossing Teddy x Henny Penny will produce only satins. What I do not know is if silkie x frizzle is frizzle only or 50 frizzle and 50 silkie. I will have to be careful with the frizzles though on what to keep. If I am not mistaken frizzle x frizzle is a big no no as it produces frazzles which you do not want.

I really need to read up on Frizzle genetics. I do know crossing Teddy x Henny Penny will produce only satins. What I do not know is if silkie x frizzle is frizzle only or 50 frizzle and 50 silkie. I will have to be careful with the frizzles though on what to keep. If I am not mistaken frizzle x frizzle is a big no no as it produces frazzles which you do not want.
Yes correct never cross 2 frizzles. It will not be a hidden gene so if your chick doesn’t show frizzle it doesn’t carry the gene.

As for Satin I didn’t know that.

And knoff to feed horses have a great day everyone!

The chooks are all waiting for me also!

AF39E48C-09A5-417F-9B8B-6570082569DA.png

Back
Top Bottom