Found baby pigon in the heat in the middle of nowhere

I have some chick starter and water mixture that I mixed up and put into a 5ml syringe and cut the top off so he can fit his beak into and he seems to be eating that but will it have the right nutrition and how much should I feed him and how often I work 2 to 10 do i need to take him to work with me he is so much better than lastnight he squirms and skweeks when I walk up to him and gets excited to eat if fed him 3 times today is that too much

Any signs of improvement are good signs if you ask me. You might want to check out some of the ingredients in that MacMilk I showed you to see if you can add anything to that which may help, they are mostly common items, such as strained chicken baby food, hard boiled egg yolk, yogurt, etc. Other things might add necessary fatty acids, such as the oils. Game birds, which I think pigeons are closer to than chickens, do have some different dietary requirements. I think vitamin E is very important to youngsters. Not sure if chick starter has it, I would assume so, but I would check the label of the one you are using to make sure.

Best of luck. Be prepared to have a pigeon that's attached to you : )

My husband found him on a dirt road in 100 degree weather I'm not sure how to help this baby pigon I have lots of farm animals chickens ducks goats chinchilla but have no idea how to help this little guy eat my husband gave swatter and we was excited but now he doesent seem like he's doing to well I don't know how old he is pleas help me so u can help this pigon
I found a pigion also and have been giving him frozen peas that have soaked in warm water. you have to wrap him in a towel to keep him from flapping around and pry his beak open and put a pea as far back as you can, he will swallow on his own, I started him out with about 10 peas and gradually increased that amount as long as he is pooping, I also made cream of wheat and suck it up in a sirenge and try to get that into him. its very messy but he will swallow it,

I found a pigion also and have been giving him frozen peas that have soaked in warm water. you have to wrap him in a towel to keep him from flapping around and pry his beak open and put a pea as far back as you can, he will swallow on his own, I started him out with about 10 peas and gradually increased that amount as long as he is pooping, I also made cream of wheat and suck it up in a sirenge and try to get that into him. its very messy but he will swallow it,
The original post is from 5 years ago

Back
Top Bottom