Found baby pigon in the heat in the middle of nowhere

Sunshine1976

Hatching
Jun 23, 2017
My husband found him on a dirt road in 100 degree weather I'm not sure how to help this baby pigon I have lots of farm animals chickens ducks goats chinchilla but have no idea how to help this little guy eat my husband gave swatter and we was excited but now he doesent seem like he's doing to well I don't know how old he is pleas help me so u can help this pigon

Others can chime in if I'm wrong about this, but that squab looks like it is still in the age where it is drinking pigeon milk (regurgitated food) from its parents. There are several recipes online for making a substitute pigeon milk for rescuing babies like this. Some are more complicated than others. I would try that. In the meantime, I think what Top Rooster said above is worth trying until you can get it a pigeon milk substitute.

One is called MacMilk, here is a link where somebody lays out the ingredients: http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f6/making-substitute-pigeon-milk-for-orphan-hatchlings-9541.html

I found a pigion also and have been giving him frozen peas that have soaked in warm water. you have to wrap him in a towel to keep him from flapping around and pry his beak open and put a pea as far back as you can, he will swallow on his own, I started him out with about 10 peas and gradually increased that amount as long as he is pooping, I also made cream of wheat and suck it up in a sirenge and try to get that into him. its very messy but he will swallow it,
The original post is from 5 years ago

Back
Top Bottom