She's still a youngster yet, maybe next year. That girl LOVES fermented food. I go out with the bucket and she's jumping at the spoon.

I've helped Angus score some points with the older girls lately and I think he's learning his name. I call him and toss out treats so he can call the girls over. He actually comes to me to when I call now. We seem to be coming to an understanding which makes me happy.

Good news about Angus :)

She's still a youngster yet, maybe next year. That girl LOVES fermented food. I go out with the bucket and she's jumping at the spoon.

I've helped Angus score some points with the older girls lately and I think he's learning his name. I call him and toss out treats so he can call the girls over. He actually comes to me to when I call now. We seem to be coming to an understanding which makes me happy.

I don't doubt that she would love that. She sure loved her wet feed over here when I made it. :gig

I'm glad that Angus is working out for you now.

I don't doubt that she would love that. She sure loved her wet feed over here when I made it. :gig

I'm glad that Angus is working out for you now.
He's had a lot to adjust to. Suddenly in charge with a few guys not much younger than him to keep in line. He's done a good job and hasn't become a jerk. I think once we're down to the core flock he'll make up some ground with the older girls.

20200624_183058.jpg
20200623_192418(1).jpg

Ok so this is my plan going forward and I think everything is set. Tonight we process the 3 cockerels hatched here and Angus goes to jail. By 4th of July the 5 white pullets from Jr and the oldest girls will be at my sons and the 4 red hybrids will be at their new home. Lacey roosts alone and I think she needs some time to integrate. Also, Blue isn't really in to Angus and despite a couple days of separation he has gone back to his old ways. He's about six months old and really full of himself. If any of the AC eggs hatch then I'll need that coop for them in a few weeks so I may leave him in there until lockdown. Still waiting for shipping info.

Ok so this is my plan going forward and I think everything is set. Tonight we process the 3 cockerels hatched here and Angus goes to jail. By 4th of July the 5 white pullets from Jr and the oldest girls will be at my sons and the 4 red hybrids will be at their new home. Lacey roosts alone and I think she needs some time to integrate. Also, Blue isn't really in to Angus and despite a couple days of separation he has gone back to his old ways. He's about six months old and really full of himself. If any of the AC eggs hatch then I'll need that coop for them in a few weeks so I may leave him in there until lockdown. Still waiting for shipping info.

Sounds like a good plan IM!

Back
Top Bottom