@igorsMistress I found out from Compost King what the "FNN" on that egg for my hen named Five that hatched meant. He said that the FNN meant that the female had NN blood in it, although it was fully feathered on the neck and was a recessive white. The mother was NN X RR, and the father was SGD X RR.
Thanks for that. I know I have notes somewhere on it but don't know where they are right now.

I am down to 7 chickens and it feels so damn good. When we got to our sons place yesterday he put the wire crate full of pullets in their chicken run and Clyde was a happy boy! He did a double take and went dancing up to them chatting and being friendly. He showed them the feed and water, etc. Their flock is all Nn now except for Clyde and one hen. Their pig, OMG I'm in love! He's huge but so friendly, lots of belly scratches were in order. When we got there he was in a kiddie pool splashing around and of course he made mud to roll in. He is a daddy's boy big time!

HopTart refused to speak to me for 2 days after her little trip to the vet. I gave her some banana last night and that seems to have done the trick; this morning she was out to say hello and back to snatching her greens from my hand. Little punk!

K that's all for now, I have to go paint

Sounds like you had a great day! What kind of pig does your son have? Glad HopTart has decided to be friends again :)

IMG_20200704_070232338(1).jpg

Frank was whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

It has been a couple of days since the flock reduction. Lucy quit being broody and even Blue is chilling with the rest of the flock. They're going back and forth from the mini coop to the wading pools. I put some ice in the pools earlier and I'm going to do that again before I go get my mom from the hospital later. I also wet down the mini coop and turned on the fan this morning; they like to dig shallow bowls in the damp soil to lay in in there. Temps will be up to 116* this week and no day shows less than 110; that's just ridiculous. It's pretty warm out there now but they all seem to be doing ok.

Went to TSC and they didn't have our feed so I bought something else to ferment but still have pellets for the gravity feeders. I need to remember to pick up chick feed if these eggs are any good; waiting until tomorrow night to candle.

It has been a couple of days since the flock reduction. Lucy quit being broody and even Blue is chilling with the rest of the flock. They're going back and forth from the mini coop to the wading pools. I put some ice in the pools earlier and I'm going to do that again before I go get my mom from the hospital later. I also wet down the mini coop and turned on the fan this morning; they like to dig shallow bowls in the damp soil to lay in in there. Temps will be up to 116* this week and no day shows less than 110; that's just ridiculous. It's pretty warm out there now but they all seem to be doing ok.

Went to TSC and they didn't have our feed so I bought something else to ferment but still have pellets for the gravity feeders. I need to remember to pick up chick feed if these eggs are any good; waiting until tomorrow night to candle.

I just am constantly amazed at your temps! I'm whining because it's in the high 80's here.

How's your mom IM?

I added some ice to my flock's drinking water.

I'm having chicken for dinner tonight, but not from my flock. Some baked chicken and some Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.

I just am constantly amazed at your temps! I'm whining because it's in the high 80's here.

How's your mom IM?
She's good thanks! Had to stay on oxygen for a little bit after surgery but she wasn't half asleep when I picked her up. We should know results on Friday. She will end up having radiation after all, 6 weeks I think.

Back
Top Bottom