Gray Silkie Rooster - Nice Quality and Nice Guy -- SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by foxinachickenhouse, Jun 25, 2011.

1. foxinachickenhouse

foxinachickenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    Oregon
    We are selling our backyard pet roo. He is 1 year old, has been handled all his life and is a sweet guy who knows his job. We live in the city and can't keep him anymore. Available for semi-local (to Portland) pickup or deliver only. I will be driving to the south coast the weekend of the 4th and can deliver him to the Eugene, Corvallis, Florence, Coos Bay areas. Willing to send him with 1 or 2 of his favorite hens, a wyandotte and an australorp. Would like to see him go to a good home where he will be appreciated. Would make an excellent kids pet or 4H project or breeder. Not sure on show quality but several people on BYC have encouraged us to show him. He is gorgeous. Has the right number of toes. And yes, he still likes to be held like a baby.

He has been the topic of a few threads on here search "La Fonda" to read. We thought about getting rid of him last year but built him a box that worked for a long time but he has finally outsmarted it. Now we are serious.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/grd/2462254982.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  2. zozobraswife

zozobraswife Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2011
    He is lovely! And, assuming he doesn't have hidden faults, I'd call him show quality! If only it wasn't so far away...

3. foxinachickenhouse

Apr 8, 2010
    Oregon
    Thanks! I wish I knew enough to identify hidden faults and list them if there are any. Would be happy to take pictures of his pieces/parts and post if anybody has interest in specifics. We got him as a pet and just lucked out as to his quality and disposition. Sad to have to let him go.

4. foxinachickenhouse

Apr 8, 2010
    Oregon
    UPDATE: He has SOLD. Not sure how to remove auction...

5. tbitt

tbitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    IL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by