Great, now I am a nervous wreck. All that worrying for nothing.

Damummis

Chickenista
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Mid-Coast
To make a long story short, I found a lump under my armpit. Went to Dr today. They are scheduling me an ultrasound or cat scan, which ever they can get me into the fastest. Then from there they will figure out what to do. However, I googled things and well.............I am a nervous wreck. Mostly because of the urgency in my Dr's voice. She wants this addressed in the next 48 hours. I am preparing for the worse and hope to be pleasantly surprised when they tell me, "Just a lymph node, you are probably fighting a virus or something."
fl.gif

I guess I will clean the house to keep my mind off it.

Last edited:
I have been in a constant battle with cancer for 10yrs. Actually had 2 surgeries within the last 3 weeks. I remember my first biopsy and waiting for the results so I know exactly how you feel. Worrying will not change a thing just bring you down. Most times a lump is a non cancerous tumor that will just be removed. No fun but better than the other alternative. But if it does test positive please dont get yourself down. Look at me. I am still here and doing whatever I want whenever I want. A lump is not the end of the world. Keep your chin up. Think positive. If you need anyone to talk to pm me.

Steve

Mine turned out to be an allergic reaction to deoderant, despite the fact that I'd used the same deoderant for YEARS. Still, changing it caused the lump (lymph node) to go away.

Had a mammogram though that came back with 'issues'. Turned out they just had a bad film. But I remember waiting for that follow-up appointment and being a nervous wreck. And then being a nervous wreck waiting for that 2nd set of test results!!

hugs.gif
Will be sending good vibes your way!

Don't stress! I hope it's just a boil or something............either way, you're right on it! I'm wishing and praying it's nothing
fl.gif
hugs.gif
Amie.

Good luck & hope it's nothing. I remember the first time I found "lumpy" on my ribcage a couple of years ago. Asked the doc about it and it's only a cyst, but still, it causes you to pause for a minute.

Worry does NO good. If the outcome is a good one, well you worried yourself for nothing. If the outcome is not a good one, what did worrying do about it? NOTHING. Keep your mind on other things, what will be---will be. Save your energy for a fight or celebration.
My best wishes for you.
Blessed be.
Slinky

We always automatically think the worst when we find a lump. Sometimes a doctor's urgency has more to do with putting your mind at ease than that the situation itself is urgent. Don't read too much into it. Stay busy. Stay off of Google. (If you type any symptom into Google you will find you have one of two things- cancer or aids- and all that extra anxiety will only make you feel worse.)

I have had 5 major scares in the past 5 years- all benign.

I'll be thinking and praying for you!

smile.png

Back
Top Bottom