Pics
can i join in even if my babies are gonna come early? I set them yesterday because i want them ready to go to their new homes on halloween (few parents of the kiddos at my halloween party requested this)

if so, ive got 16 eggs in the incubator, a mix of purebred light sussex and easter eggers covered by my light sussex rooster, Duzell.

Ive had a time of it though, i had the incubator running fine, and now the turner isnt working, so i had to reset the thing several times, no dice, have found a fix til the 11th when my new incubator arrives...

Ferrets have made off with my egg candler, have had to buy a new one which isnt going to be here til halfway through my hatch and im not 100% sure these eggs are even going to hatch because someone put them in the fridge for an hour after I collected them, thinking they were for food >.<

So I'm doing everything wrong, but here's hoping...maybe when i get the new incubator Ill set more and use the old one just for lockdown!

Last edited:
View attachment 1548854View attachment 1548855View attachment 1548856View attachment 1549535
IT'S OCTOBER! IT'S TIME FOR THE ANNUAL HALLOWEEN HATCH-A-LONG! GET READY BOY'S & GIRL'S!

Please reference this

Starting Box periodically for updates, contest announcement etc.

Prepare for two things!
Be ready to set Chicken Eggs by the 10th or no later than the 11th.
Other types (dates) posted soon.

And second, Get ready to have some Halloween Fun!.
Remember, this announcement box will be adjusted and edited with new announcements!
So get ready for a Hatch-A-Long!
View attachment 1548864

Link to Last Years Halloween:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/halloween-hatch-a-long-2017.1199906/
[TD1] MASTER LIST OF ALL PARTICIPANTS SETTING EGGS FOR THE 2018 HALLOWEEN HATCH-A-LONG
  • @Farmer Connie - Pekin Ducks X3 SET OCT 3rd by Incubator.
  • _________________________
If you decide to hatch-a-long with us, Please post the type of Eggs, #of Eggs & the date in which they are set. This data will be updated accordingly. It also maybe incorporated with a friendly competition once the list grows.

[/TD1]

[TD1]
2018 Halloween Hatch-A-Long Contest List!
2018 Halloween Hatch-A-Long "EGG DECORATING CONTEST" https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/2018-halloween-hatch-a-long-egg-decorating-contest.1275196/ View attachment 1550399 FOR YOUR DONATIONS We need prize donations for our other contests! It is your generosity that allows us to run these.

No item is too small. We can always have smaller items for 2nd/3rd place.
Hatching egg donations, fowl items new/used in good shape, BYC PFMs, Amazon gift certificates, BYC gift certificates, etc. are all great items to donate. What some of us do is purchase an item from Amazon and send it directly to the winner: just make sure they have plenty of the item in stock.
[/TD1]
[TD1]

[/TD1]
hello!

can i join in even if my babies are gonna come early? I set them yesterday because i want them ready to go to their new homes on halloween (few parents of the kiddos at my halloween party requested this)

if so, ive got 16 eggs in the incubator, a mix of purebred light sussex and easter eggers covered by my light sussex rooster, Duzell.

Ive had a time of it though, i had the incubator running fine, and now the turner isnt working, so i had to reset the thing several times, no dice, have found a fix til the 11th when my new incubator arrives...

Ferrets have made off with my egg candler, have had to buy a new one which isnt going to be here til halfway through my hatch and im not 100% sure these eggs are even going to hatch because someone put them in the fridge for an hour after I collected them, thinking they were for food >.<

So I'm doing everything wrong, but here's hoping...maybe when i get the new incubator Ill set more and use the old one just for lockdown!
No worries on the refrigerated eggs. I’ve hatched several that were refrigerated much longer than that. They’ll be fine.
The old one for lockdown works really well for me as well.

Well, after the 24 hour resting time and checking thermometers and hydrometer for accuracy I have started.
Technically 15 eggs but there is the glued one that cracked while shipping so 16 eggs in the incubator tonight.

E28CF97D-6ABD-44E3-B2D8-0CFB9A3C7957.jpeg

Set 6 eggs in the incubator yesterday! A mix of Wyandotte, naked neck and silkie eggs. Hopefully a better hatch rate then last time!
High-five!
can i join in even if my babies are gonna come early? I set them yesterday because i want them ready to go to their new homes on halloween
Of course! :fl I hope the best for your hatch:clap
Well, after the 24 hour resting time and checking thermometers and hydrometer for accuracy I have started.
Technically 15 eggs but there is the glued one that cracked while shipping so 16 eggs in the incubator tonight.

e28cf97d-6abd-44e3-b2d8-0cfb9a3c7957-jpeg.1551968
:woot Awesome. I'll update the registry tomorrow!
I might set my Chicken eggs early. Easier to keep up with all the action on the thread that way maybe.
:frow HI @Kylo_Hen! A Happy Egg-Tober to ya!

I’m in!! This will be my first attempt at .....incubator ordered and set to arrive today.....it’s the mini 9-12 egg, candler should arrive sunday and assorted eggs from meyer hatchery arrival will be down to the wire with arrival on 10th or 11th so will be setting last minute following 24 hr rest. even though i may end up a couple days behind I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to learn from you guys to achieve successful hatches! i’m soooooo eggsighted!

Back
Top Bottom