Pics
Unfortunately. Damage box equals damaged air cells but maybe they will hatch. If not I can start with some of mine in the 10th
Let em rest well. "unscramble". I set Pekin Dux this Morn. I'm only doing about 6 chickens this hallow-hatch. We are over populated currently. This batch will be for fun and team spirit.
I hope the best for your mail order birdies!:fl
Once they are set, tell me and I log it into the registry.;)

Well the eggs arrived. 4 of 19 cracked, 3 smashed and 1 cracked and I put new-skin on the cracked one in hopes of it making it. Will candle tonight to see how air cells did and if there’s more cracked ones.
Box damaged. Fast shipping though.
Will update eggs set and type soon.

:barnie
Cracked eggs are just uncalled for! Unless the post office runs over the box with a truck, they shouldn’t break if packed well. Scrambled? We can’t control that. But breakage is bad!

Let em rest well. "unscramble". I set Pekin Dux this Morn. I'm only doing about 6 chickens this hallow-hatch. We are over populated currently. This batch will be for fun and team spirit.
I hope the best for your mail order birdies!:fl
Once they are set, tell me and I log it into the registry.;)
Yay for dux eggs! All my dux hens are molting right now, so no eggs.:(

:barnie
Cracked eggs are just uncalled for! Unless the post office runs over the box with a truck, they shouldn’t break if packed well. Scrambled? We can’t control that. But breakage is bad!
Unfortunately they used wood chips as buffer not bubble wrap. Not just cracked but smashed. It was double boxed with one end fairly crushed. So trip was hard on them.
Positive note the eggs were very fresh. Small air cells that didn’t appear to be floating.
They are resting now till tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom