Pics
I’m officially in! :wee

7 cream legbar eggs given to my broody bantam cochin this morning.

This will be a test hatch of those eggs, since my girls just started laying a month or so ago. :fl
I also need to move the broody to her own broody unit, but didn’t want to do it with room temperature eggs, so once she settles in on them, I’ll move her. Her momma keeps trying to lay in the same nest with her, and I found a broken egg the other day. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

I’ve also offered eggs for a contest prize, so if these CL eggs do well, some more of them could be part of the winnings!

This will be a test hatch of those eggs, since my girls just started laying a month or so ago. :fl
I also need to move the broody to her own broody unit, but didn’t want to do it with room temperature eggs, so once she settles in on them, I’ll move her. Her momma keeps trying to lay in the same nest with her, and I found a broken egg the other day. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

I’ve also offered eggs for a contest prize, so if these CL eggs do well, some more of them could be part of the winnings!

I can't wait to the babies from these guys! I'm curious to see how well they do :)

My broody scared me today. She wasn't where she was before. I went to check on her and she was gone! Here, she just moved all her eggs about a foot or so further back in the shed than she was before and I couldn't see her lol. She was grumpy when I checked on her....I got some serious stink eye and growls!

Gotta love a grouchy broody. :gig

So glad they made it safely! How do the air cells look?
for the cemanis one was completely detached unfortunately and another was already forming when it came in so I put that one straight into the incubator, I don't think it'll still keep forming.. the rest of the eggs are still setting~ I can't say I'm surprised though, The boc the AC eggs came in was all squished and what-not.. The Bielefelder eggs were b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l~! All 10 of the air cells weren't detached, Some were a little bigger than others but i'm pretty happy with what I got. The colors are pretty nice too, Got some dark and cream colored ones with speckles.

That's great!

Well, I must of wrote down the wrong hatch date 'cause brownie has some chickers under her~ :idunno
IMG_3697.JPG IMG_3705.JPG IMG_3710.JPG IMG_3698.JPG IMG_3701.JPG IMG_3714.JPG

Back
Top Bottom