Pics
I'm new here to BYC. My name is Kayla and I'm a hatch-a-holic. I actually joined BYC because of this hatch-a-long!! Such an exciting idea!

So, for this Halloween Hatch, I set 12 (SHIPPED) Crele Orpington eggs yesterday - 10/10/18 @ 8 pm.

Sending everyone hugs and positive vibes on this fun journey.

smiley welcome 4.gif

Hi Kayla, nice to have you here!

Eggs arrived!!!! Assorted eggs #6
Set 10/11/2018 10pm
1 Black Australorp
1 Black Sumatra ??? (Label smeared)
1 ???? (Label unreadable)
1 Buff Orpington
1 EE
And drumroll please...
1 Welsummer

Nice assortment, I hope they all do well for you! And you already have a couple of names for 2 of them...Smear and Smudge! :lol:

Seriously though, I have 1 Welsummer in my flock and she's adorable. Very sweet girl and she gives me the prettiest eggs (when she isn't molting).

Nice assortment, I hope they all do well for you! And you already have a couple of names for 2 of them...Smear and Smudge! :lol:

Seriously though, I have 1 Welsummer in my flock and she's adorable. Very sweet girl and she gives me the prettiest eggs (when she isn't molting).
i love the way u think!! lol I was so happy to see the welsummer! i was hoping to get breeds i didn’t already have and the only known repeats are the BA and the EE. i’m really hopeful that “smudge” ends up being a speckled sussex as that was the other available breed I was really hoping for! my best description for that one would be a cream colored egg? with the exception of the welsummer they were mostly cream to light brown....

i love the way u think!! lol I was so happy to see the welsummer! i was hoping to get breeds i didn’t already have and the only known repeats are the BA and the EE. i’m really hopeful that “smudge” ends up being a speckled sussex as that was the other available breed I was really hoping for! my best description for that one would be a cream colored egg? with the exception of the welsummer they were mostly cream to light brown....
Where did you get them?

i ordered assortment from meyer hatchery

i bought my original chicks, turkey poults, and amerecaunas at local rural king
I had my silkie chicks shipped from purely poultry in WI
when I decided last minute to join the hatch a long for my first hatch, I checked PP and meyer as shipping distance is about the same, but meyer ended up having better availability and faster ship time/schedule for hatching eggs.

Last edited:
i ordered assortment from meyer hatchery

i bought my original chicks, turkey poults, and amerecaunas at local rural king
I had my silkie chicks shipped from purely poultry in WI
when I decided last minute to join the hatch a long for my first hatch, I checked PP and meyer as shipping distance is about the same, but meyer ended up having better availability and faster ship time/schedule for hatching eggs.
They labeled them?

Back
Top Bottom