Harness trained my roosters!

mychookschick

Songster
10 Years
Aug 28, 2009
Maine
**Pics on post #5**

Awhile back, I read an thread on here about harness training chickens, well I had always been good at training animals to do stuff (I trained my dog to do numerous tricks, and I trained a cat to play fetch), so I decided to give it a try on my half blind rooster, Tootsie. Well, he was already hand tamed and loved to be held and fed from my hand, so that made it somewhat easy. LOL... I trained him while I was on crutches last winter!

Anyways, I recently got this "good idea" that I wanted to do a "team" (like you do with horses) of roosters! My family thought that I was just joking, but when I came out of the store one day with more harnesses, they believed me, but thought I was nuts! I wanted to start out by training them individually and then putting them in pairs, trios, and then a four rooster hitch. Well, I decided to start on it today. LOL! The "young bucks" hadn't been handled barely at all, but they took to it better than I thought and by the time an hour was up, I had Smith and Wesson strutting around like champs! Once they got the hang of it, they did wonderfully!

Last edited:
pop.gif

OK folks!

Here they are! Smith and Wesson, my BO cockerels!

They did very well for their first day!! I couldn't believe it! They seem to do better when together, then when apart.

P.S. Ignore the dates and time on the pics, my camera must be off, those were taken today, January 18, 2012

Ok, now get a tiny cart, tie it to the roosters, load it with hens, and record it. Go, do it now please!

LOL... That would be fun! I will have to see what I can do in my spare time! Right now though, I just tucked them in for the night. It is getting dark here, so not now, but maybe some time soon! I think that they should obey a little better, before I put the hens lives at stake! LOL

Back
Top Bottom