When I lived in N.M. I heard some wild quail, and was absolutely enchanted by the sound of the coo's that they make (just males?) It was a stunningly beautiful, sweet sound. I have wanted some ever since. I was hoping this long video would include the voice ... but alas, it didn't. Can anyone else capture the song of the quail?
Would that be new Mexico ?

What species live there ?

When I lived in N.M. I heard some wild quail, and was absolutely enchanted by the sound of the coo's that they make (just males?) It was a stunningly beautiful, sweet sound. I have wanted some ever since. I was hoping this long video would include the voice ... but alas, it didn't. Can anyone else capture the song of the quail?
I’ve got California quail all around my house. They’re pretty vocal this time of year. What species live there?

Bobwhites?

It's a bit late now but wouldn't the broods internal clock be set for chickens and not quail?
I set the quail when the chicken eggs were at 3 days since quail hatch at 18 days. They’ll hatch all together.

Chickens don’t count the days. I’ve given chickens chicks after a week of sitting and they think they hatched them. It’s how I break broodies. Then I put the eggs in the bator and give the chicks that hatch to another broody.

Back
Top Bottom