HELP!! 4 DAY OLD DUCK HAS SWOLLEN FOOT

Jday

Chirping
Jan 1, 2017
My new baby duck has a swollen foot and I'm not sure what to do! He seems like he's in pain because he's cheeping allot and I feel just horrible :(

I gave them a bath today with dawn dish soap, the one is not the only one with the swollen foot I just noticed :'( I'm such a idiot

Dawn dish soap should not cause this, it is used frequently to wash off animals, particularly birds, after oil spills.

That does look irritated and something weird is going on with that middle toe.

@RavynFallen what do you think?

That's just one baby duck, 3 out of 5 have that going on....I'm super stressed now.

Well, to help with the inflammation you could give them a soak in epsom salt water, just don't let them drink it.

What kind of bedding do you use? Anything else that you can think of that might have caused this?

I soaked it but he freaked so it wasn't for long, I'll try again. I was using pillow cases and then I had my daughter's wash out their tub with the dishsoap and they tried it, i then had them in my sink splashing around and then had my kids dry them with a towel and continue to blow dry them. And I now have them on a sheet in their tubby

Back
Top Bottom