Help me choose a name for my new lab puppy! Update see first post!

Vote if you like the name Kylo or not

• Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters
I agree with @Silkie Princess. This makes me very upset. Will the breeder/shelter take him back? If not, they are irresponsible. Please don't sell him on Craigslist or some other site like that or newspaper. There are a lot of pet flippers and such out there. It would be best to give him to someone you know and trust and have a contract signed.
X2 please if you are getting rid of him give him to a responsible person and dont sell him on craigslist.

There are also great rescue organizations out there who don't keep their dogs in crowded concrete shelters but have foster homes for each of the dogs. I would look into these if you must get rid of your dog.

There are also great rescue organizations out there who don't keep their dogs in crowded concrete shelters but have foster homes for each of the dogs. I would look into these if you must get rid of your dog.
The problem I see with this is that they were trying to adopt a dog so they would make room for new dogs that need help but then get a puppy and then dump it in a rescue where dogs that really need somewhere to stay should be. Not impulse-buy puppies

Or just sell it to people who could adopt a dog instead of buying a puppy. Hope you will keep him Clucky!

Well a puppy is a puppy.... I'm doing my best. It's just me to take care of him. He's doing pretty good in my opinion.. I think it's just that my mom does want a dog at all!
She said I can *maybe* get a red retriever puppy that will be ready at the end of April (from a breeder, I'd have to make a deposit and stuff).... but I have a feeling she'll "change her mind" as soon as Kylo is gone. 😢
This sounds all very strange to me:

You already have a young dog (Talie) in your family. She was raised from puppyhood just fine.

And some weeks ago you started to look for a rescue for yourself. You tried several dogs and very abruptly said dogs were canceld within very short time.

Only days after bringing back the latest rescue dog to the shelter, you get the cutest puppy ever and after just one day/night he is on the "discarding list"?

I am sorry, but this all seems very wrong to me.

Get yourself a big enough dog transport box/dog kennel for the times you cannot be around.

Put him in there with his toys and blanket to make him comfortable. you can feed him in the kennel so he will associate the kennel with something good for him (a puppy his age needs 4 meals daily).

You can also get him used to sleep in the kennel at night and he will accept his kennel as a nice place for a nap or just relaxing.

ETA: Keep in mind the little guy is missing his mother and siblings very much, so he needs you to be around almost all the time. Have the kennel/crate at your bedside at night, so you will notice when he starts to whine and needs to go out to relieve hmself and he will not feel lonely and abondened with you next to him.

Last edited:
I'd say builds a doghouse and keep him outside. I know its not as fun but this is what I had to do. If you ask me these retriever breeds like being outside more than being cooped up inside. And if they're outside they won't draw as much attention to themselves and they're incidents. This is just my opinion rather than selling him. my family doesn't like dogs either I keep mine outside to keep her safe and from bothering anyone. She loves it. Just ask Pearl.
You cannot keep a puppy this young outside, this would be very cruel.

You already have a young dog (Talie) in your family. She was raised from puppyhood just fine.

And some weeks ago you started to look for a rescue for yourself. You tried several dogs and very abruptly said dogs were canceld within very short time.

Only days after bringing back the latest rescue dog to the shelter, you get the cutest puppy ever and after just one day/night he is on the "discarding list"?

Get yourself a big enough dog transport box/dog kennel for the times you cannot be around.

Put him in there with his toys and blanket to make him comfortable. you can feed him in the kennel so he will associate the kennel with something good for him (a puppy his age needs 4 meals daily).

You can also get him used to sleep in the kennel at night and he will accept his kennel as a nice place for a nap or just relaxing.
Our neighbors got dogs and after about 3 months of keeping their saint bernard. He got pur outside. I started taking care of him. Then i convinced them to get rid of them. Please don't leave him outside.

2x

If your mom hates dogs, why do you already have a dog? Maybe it would be more useful to spend time training/enjoying your current dog versus using all your energy fighting your parents to get a puppy.

Back
Top Bottom