Help me choose a name for my new lab puppy! Update see first post!

Vote if you like the name Kylo or not

• Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters
Pics
Is he getting into to trouble. Our is it just you parents dont want him?
Well a puppy is a puppy.... I'm doing my best. It's just me to take care of him. He's doing pretty good in my opinion.. I think it's just that my mom does want a dog at all!
She said I can *maybe* get a red retriever puppy that will be ready at the end of April (from a breeder, I'd have to make a deposit and stuff).... but I have a feeling she'll "change her mind" as soon as Kylo is gone. 😢

Kylo is doing great! Well, to him he's "doin just fine". Idk how I'm gonna get through puppy stage. He is teething like CRAZY! At least he isn't having many accidents in the house. @Silkie Princess you have a puppy right now. Who else??? I need tips!

Also, since I still live at home, my parents are around. (duh). They gave me permission and everything to buy my own puppy, but now my mom is regretting it and she wants be to sell him 😢 She made me list him!! Should I secretly take it down? Should I keep him? Or should I sell him???
I’m not sure how old you are but you do need to respect your parents and taking down the listing behind their back is not okay. Other than “my mom doesn’t like dogs,” does she have a reason she regrets letting you get the dog?

As far as tips for taking care of the puppy, there are some great YouTube videos about puppy training look up Zak George. One recommendation is to keep them on a leash in the beginning as they get acquainted with their new surroundings and what they can/can’t fix use positive reinforcement (so have a treat pouch). I know one poster mentioned a kennel/crate. I highly recommend crate training. It becomes a safe place for the pup and gives piece of mind when needed. Pups are a lot of work and the vet bills add up as well (it’s not as simple as just buying the dog).

Well a puppy is a puppy.... I'm doing my best. It's just me to take care of him. He's doing pretty good in my opinion.. I think it's just that my mom does want a dog at all!
She said I can *maybe* get a red retriever puppy that will be ready at the end of April (from a breeder, I'd have to make a deposit and stuff).... but I have a feeling she'll "change her mind" as soon as Kylo is gone. 😢
Im sorry that you have to get rid of him

I’m not sure how old you are but you do need to respect your parents and taking down the listing behind their back is not okay. Other than “my mom doesn’t like dogs,” does she have a reason she regrets letting you get the dog?
idk....
As far as tips for taking care of the puppy, there are some great YouTube videos about puppy training look up Zak George. One recommendation is to keep them on a leash in the beginning as they get acquainted with their new surroundings and what they can/can’t fix use positive reinforcement (so have a treat pouch). I know one poster mentioned a kennel/crate. I highly recommend crate training. It becomes a safe place for the pup and gives piece of mind when needed. Pups are a lot of work and the vet bills add up as well (it’s not as simple as just buying the dog).
Yeah, I know. I have enough money for him.

Our puppy was on a leash from day one until she learned what was right and wrong.

He isn't having accidents....that isn't the problem.... it's the puppy himself. :(
I'd say builds a doghouse and keep him outside. I know its not as fun but this is what I had to do. If you ask me these retriever breeds like being outside more than being cooped up inside. And if they're outside they won't draw as much attention to themselves and they're incidents. This is just my opinion rather than selling him. my family doesn't like dogs either I keep mine outside to keep her safe and from bothering anyone. She loves it. Just ask Pearl.

Attachments

• IMG_9443 (2).JPG
    IMG_9443 (2).JPG
    317 KB · Views: 1
Do not get another dog. That’s extremely irresponsible.

I'd say builds a doghouse and keep him outside. I know its not as fun but this is what I had to do. If you ask me these retriever breeds like being outside more than being cooped up inside. And if they're outside they won't draw as much attention to themselves and they're incidents. This is just my opinion rather than selling him. my family doesn't like dogs either I keep mine outside to keep her safe and from bothering anyone. She loves it. Just ask Pearl.
My retriever loves being outside. She gets into alot of trouble to. But use positive reinforcement otherwise he will keep doing it.

Back
Top Bottom