Help me choose a name for my new lab puppy! Update see first post!

Vote if you like the name Kylo or not

• Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters
You're right. I forgot to point out that what we did was actually called a "slumber party". That's the official name at the shelter, but they just call it "fostering".

Exactly. But how am I supposed to see if a dog is the right fit without a slumber party? It's impossible!
I can certainly see the benefit of a meet and greet in home to make sure that they can get along with other animals in the house. But as many other members have pointed out, it doesn't tell you much about the dog beyond that because it takes a long time for them to settle in. Behavior will change as they become more confident, and the dog you have for life may seem very little like the anxious mess you brought home. Trust can't be built in a day.
Same goes for training... it takes time and WORK. But the bond you form with your dog while putting in all that work is priceless.

I understand that these weren't your choices, and it breaks my heart not just for the shelter dogs, but also for you having to give up your puppy. But just because it's not fair doesn't mean you can't learn something from it. I hope you will remember the advice of the other members when you do eventually get another chance at owning a dog.

I truly wish you all the best.

Don't worry, we didn't just dump Kylo in a shelter or stick him outside. He went to a good friends house where he will get a huge yard and his own private beach! He will be very spoiled and we'll even get to go visit him.
Good for you; that is such a relief! I'm sorry you had to go through all that.

If you ever end up looking to buy a puppy from a breeder again, learn what makes a responsible breeder. The photo of the puppies in a barn with a heater gave me bad feelings.

Good for you; that is such a relief! I'm sorry you had to go through all that.

If you ever end up looking to buy a puppy from a breeder again, learn what makes a responsible breeder. The photo of the puppies in a barn with a heater gave me bad feelings.
We were going to buy a goldendoodle from someone. But they didnt take care of their puppies. And there was heat lamps. But the puppies looked very healthy. Luckly we didnt buy one.

Yes I would love to!
1659652100558.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom