Help me please! Chick with deformed feet

I appreciate your help, How long should we do the shoes for?
It depends on the condition of the toes. After removing the first "shoes" after 4-5 days, let it walk for some hours without and assess the feet and position of the toes. Then repeat for another 4-5 days and so on.

Remember: this is only to be done if the toes will not be ok about 4 days after hatching.

Hey, I am sorry about what is happening to your chick. I do not know much about hatching chicks.i may be able to ping some people I think might be able to help you. I think you should also post this in emergencies. You might get more replies. Good luck! I'll be back soon.
thank you! I look forward to hearing if you can help:)

Just saw this. Not a hundred percent sure what you should do.

Could you post pictures of the chick?

How deformed is it?
Hello,

I do not have any photos and I am not wanting to bother the chick by lifting it but I can hopefully explain better what is happening. The chick's feet (both feet) are looking smooshed together. The other chick's feet are spread apart like they are supposed to be (meaning the three toes are looking normal) this deformed chick's toes are smooshed almost into one big toe. I can try and get a photo.

What you might be able to do is take some tape or a bandaid and then make a little shoe for the chick... let me see if I can explain this better.
Oh, and is it both feet?

Attachments

• IMG-3922.jpg
    IMG-3922.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 9
Hello,

I do not have any photos and I am not wanting to bother the chick by lifting it but I can hopefully explain better what is happening. The chick's feet (both feet) are looking smooshed together. The other chick's feet are spread apart like they are supposed to be (meaning the three toes are looking normal) this deformed chick's toes are smooshed almost into one big toe. I can try and get a photo.
IMG-3922.jpg

This is a totally normal position for a recently hatched chick.
Okay, I will keep that in mind! like I said this is our first time so when the other three are already walking normally and this one has different feet, we got very scared. If by day 3/4 the chick still looks like this, should we splint?

Back
Top Bottom